TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you don't know what happened... My car got stolen almost 5 weeks ago. Since then recovered and spent about 4.5 weeks at the Jerry's Ford Stealership. Asstard clowns over there just reached a whole new level.

I pick the car up from the dealership yesterday (briefly drove it to my house). Today I take it to work and back... TA DA DUM!!!! What happens? I can't turn it off... Ignition totally gave out when I got home. Suposebly a brand new ignition they put in since my old one was broken when the car was stolen. It sure was not fun to wait in the car for about 2.5 hours (from 11:30 pm to 2 am) before AAA guy came to help me shut it off.

Main reason I wanted him there is to have a record of the problem so in case I want to file charges against the dealership I have something to go on. It's been in and out of that place many times and problems are multiplying and the old ones aren't really being fixed.

Almost $4,000 later (my money and insurace money combined) I'm kinda getting to the point of wanting to set of a tactical nuclear device at the dealership.

At the end my battery was disconnected. Now the car sits on the parking lot in the same fasion it would if it stalled out. Half-on, engine-off. Who know what's the status going to be tommorow... ::sigh::

Along that being screwed up...

The quarter panel lights I bought from a cool guy here at the forum were broken in install. They managed to crack one open.

Moonroof controls which I also bought from someone here were bashed in, one button almost broken.

Emergency blinkers wired incorrectly, only one working. Both blinkers work otherwise.

Backseat seat belt box just left out of place after they were working on the quarter tirm panels. I had to try to push it in place myself. Don't even know if that'll hold.

This is all the stuff they were supposed to fix in the estimate.

They managed to replace a whole door and all the locks because they were too stupid to replace the lock and something else on my old door. Just milking money in my opinion. Bad paint job since they were too cheap to match the rest of the body with the door.

Idle problem for which the car was originally brought in 5 weeks ago still there. Engine check still there. I am diagnosing problems, they are too stupid to figure it out. When they were doing their way they replaced my MAF and EGR valve (almost $800 - they assured me it would fix it, no problem) and now spark plugs. Still very rought idle.

Other things are wrong as well.

I am really pissed off. I really like my Bird, but I don't know what to do anymore. Does my buddy just want to die? Is this his way of telling me to let him go? I call my car a "he" by the way.

This is synonomus (sp?) with cancer. It's just seems to be eating away.

This is my 3 am rant. I just had to vent somewhere...

I just don't know what to do really.......

·
Registered
744 Posts
fyi, theres an impact switch in the trunk on the drivers side to kill the fuel incase of a bad accident; you can trip this switch with a soft rubber mallet, punching, etc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You might not even have to go to a lawyer if you have a good insurance company.

Does you insurance company warranty any work that you have done at an authorized repair facility?

My wife and I had the back of her car repainted due to a parking lot accident, soon after the repair was complete the body shop was sold to someone else that would not warranty the previous owners work.

The paint on the rear bumper of the car peeled off soon after, and our insurance company set up an appointment at a local Ford dealer to have it repainted free of charge. (at least for us)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
actually, theres a button in the trunk... you dont have to hit it.. just push down on the top. thers a slider pin in your ignition that they prolly didnt get on right, or broke installing.. take the trim from under the steering column off, and look at teh bottom of the column... there is a white box bolted there with two alan bolts... unscrew it.. your should be able to start teh car and turn it off by sliding that silver pin on there....

·
5,650 Posts
The inertia fuel cut-off switch in the trunk pops up when it detects a strong enough impact and cuts off the fuel. Therefore if he wants to use this switch to stop the car from running, which I assume tomaso12 was saying, he does have to hit it to make the button pop up.

And the bolts holding the ignition switch on are torx, not allen.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hey about your blinkers...when you trip them, try and pull the switch (the hazard switch) back a little bit. Mine did that and when I would pull it back, both would work. Not an excuse for them not to have it working correctly tho.

- Stephen

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
oh... they looked allen to me.. the box was removed when i bought the car.. sorry...

·
5,650 Posts
Actually, you can use your ignition key by sticking it in the slot right under the button and prying up.
That's true also. The point I was making is that the button isn't up when the fuel pump is active, it's down. And only an impact would make the button "pop" up unless like you said you pull the button up by some other means.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
thats easy tell your insurance company that you are not satisfied with the work and see what they say about bringing it to another place to do the work.

·
Registered
519 Posts
try changing PFE sensor its behind the throttle body if u have a rough idle and u know ur maf and egr is str8 then have someone else work on it and get that changed. they r cheap i paid like 80 bucks for a new one installed. (from ford side job from a tech). Once you start figuring these cars out you keep running into new problems you never imagined possible! good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.