TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found nothing. Im curious, how do you unclip the wire holder for the plug wires? Theres got to be a certain way you do it, and ive tried fiddling with it with no success.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would you pry it open? :2huh: Which way would you slide it left or right?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
OK, just went out to the garage and grabbed an extra clip.

One end of the clip has an interlocking "tooth". Just pry the tooth apart with a small flat-blade screwdriver.

I was wrong on the sliding left or right part. Just pry out and up.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, figured it out, unfortunately, my dad is being retarded, and i have to wait so i can have my uncle put the wires on, i know i can do it myself, its not that hard, but hes paranoid as hell as always, pisses me off sometimes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
lol if you dont really care, just let your uncle do it, i did mine and i think they were original plugs and wires, and it was kind of a pita with them bein routed under the alt. as well as the back 2 trying to get a ratchet in there. just sit back and watch.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wasnt gonna route them under the alternator, i was gonna route them over, the spark plugs have already been changed, im just changing the wires now.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lookin at the car, it looks easy to change the wires. All you have to do is take the intake tube to get to the pass. cylinders, pull the wires out by the boot not wire. Unclip the wires one at a time, and remove them, install the wires and route them over the alternator, and plug them in the coil pack. Thats pretty much it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts