TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a pair of under drive pulley's from a-spec, and i was wondering what a good belt length would be for a 96 4.6L, the company that makes teh under drives are a-spec, might be asp, but i'm pretty sure it is a-spec, thanks for the help :)

i' replacing the three pulley's, and i saw other posts but they were concerning smog pumps and such, sorry for the post, thanks for help :)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Every underdrive set I have seen have a smaller crank and a larger water pump pulley and they balance each other out so you can still use the same belt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
weird, the dude at this shop by my house said i would need a larger belt? i guess i should tell him to install them and try to use teh belt over, if not i'll get another one? sound like a good idea?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
A larger belt? Did he even look at the size of the crank pully? lol

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
If the guy is recommending a different belt, of which you don't need. I'm not sure i would have him install them. Doesn't sound too bright. :) I would guess the local shop would charge you like $200 to do the install. It's super easy, save yourself the money and do it yourself. You will need an impact wrench, which an A to Z or any other rental place should have, otherwise just take off the alternator, which is 3 bolts and take it to checker or pep boyz and have them switch the pulleys. Most places will do it for free. But like Shadow said you won't need a different belt, Even if there was some slack or lack of slack, your tensioner takes care of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts