TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I buy under drive pulleys and a 120 amp alternator. will that help the loss of amps going to my battery? or would that be ruining the point of putting the pulleys on? or will I still be getting the loss of amps at a idle?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have had UD pullies on for a couple of years now, and have never experienced and adverse effects. Yes, it doesn't completely charge at idle in gear, but I get a full charge in park or neutral. So basicly, how often are you going to be at idle in gear? I do have a bit of stop and go traffic, still never had a battery go dead. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the charging, but if you want to go with a bigger alt. then go for, it will help if you are running something else that draws a bunch of power, ie a serious stereo system.
Hope this helps out

Scott

·
Registered
200 Posts
120 amp, isn't the stock 135? or is that just on the LX's?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Scott Suzanne said:
I have had UD pullies on for a couple of years now, and have never experienced and adverse effects. Yes, it doesn't completely charge at idle in gear, but I get a full charge in park or neutral. So basicly, how often are you going to be at idle in gear? I do have a bit of stop and go traffic, still never had a battery go dead. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the charging, but if you want to go with a bigger alt. then go for, it will help if you are running something else that draws a bunch of power, ie a serious stereo system.
Hope this helps out

Scott
Yep, I totally agree. Also, Scott, what "bolt-ons" do you have? Nice ETs!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Scott Suzanne said:
Hope this helps out

Scott

i know this post is old but i was looking now to get some a pully for my alt. i hear that the smaller it is the more it turns and the more power u will get. so it does nothing but help right? well do u know where i can get a pully for my 94 LX 4.6? do i need to change any other pullys or do u just do the alt one?

thanks alot

Dean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts