TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got them gunna put them in, im sure i can put them in but to aviod hassles, anyone know the best way about going at it all?

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Zap the crankshaft/harmonic balancer bolt and alternator nut off while the belt is still on. Loosen the four water pump pulley bolts. Remove the belt. Remove the alternator pulley, replace with new supplied alternator pulley, shim as required. Remove water pump pulley bolts. Remove water pump pulley replace with new supplied pulley. Reinstall water pump pulley bolts finger tight. Using a harmonic balancer removal tool pull the harmonic balancer off making sure that the washer isn't still in the center of the pulley. Depending on whether or not the underdrive pulleys you purchased are piggy back or not you either bolt your old balancer to the front of the new underdrive pulley and reinstall with rtv in the crankshaft keyway groove using a harmonic balancer installation tool or you simply replace the stock harmonic balancer with a newer smaller balancer using a harmonic balancer installation tool again with rtv in the crankshaft keyway. Reinstall belt. Torque all fasteners. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Other than that it also helps to have to fan assembly removed. It can be removed by removing two 8mm bolts and disconnecting the connector to the motor and sliding the shroud up and towards the drivers side. With some wiggling it can be removed without disconnecting the upper radiator hose.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just 1 thing, a regular auto parts place with have a harmonic balancer tool to rent out right? other then that, thank you very much.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I know autozone has the loan a tool program where you put money down for the puller/installer tool and get your money back when you return the tool other wise a basic cheep no name brand steering wheel/balancer puller tool retails for about $15 at most part stores.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks a bunch man, hopefully this goes swimmingly so i can make it to the track.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
more questions, i just watched a video on it, and do i have to fallow the torque wrench specs when doing the harmonic balancer or can i just crank it down tight? also, the video used a steeda one which is the one piece harmonic balancer.. is it really that much better?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts