TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to go take off my crank shaft pulley for the rest of the kit and it just turns, i put the car in 1,2,d,R,N,P nothing worked... what did i miss? Also torque specs, do i need to use a torque wrench or can i just slap a breaker bar on it?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
you have to hit the breaker bar with taps like an impact gun would .Try a hard tap to the bar dont
just turn the bolt .

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill go try that now, any recommendations when i put it back on?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i still cant get that bolt to loosen up

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i need an impact gun.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gunna have to hunt down a friend with an impact gun

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used one too, but my uncle just gave it some taps and it got loose .
Did he use an air one? or the impact wench one where you hit it with a hammer.. and if you did use that one how the hell did you fit it in there and be able to hit it?

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
He used his hands , sorry I was working . I used a big electric Dewalt brand that was over kill lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a dewalt electric impact gun? did you have to take out the radiator?

·
5,650 Posts
Take off the inspection plug on the driver's side of the engine. Then you can jam a screwdriver or bar into one of the holes of the flexplate. When the engine turns, whatever you use will keep the engine from turning. Using this and a breaker bar you should be able to get it loose no problem.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea someone told me that.. Its dark out now so im just gunna drag the car to mass to my dads truck garage where the tools see no end.. i have anything at my disposal, its just a 45 minute drive down 495 minus traffic...

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had the same problem, but if you do it quick enough with some good force you'll get it loosened quicker than the crank can turn. When you kinda ***** foot around its not going to come off, thats what I did for about an hour, then I just decided, ok, I'm going for it, and there you go! it was pretty easy.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't know ***** would get censored. What if I said "What's up ***** cat? Woah oOhWOaho" Why is ***** censored and not damn? I can say god damnit but not ***** cat? That's really weird, I would not have thought that.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just put a half drive ratchet on it, put the handle against the ground, and started it and shut it off right away. The spinning loosens it right up.

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
Don't let the crank turn backwards; that's hard on the cam chain adjusters.

Master told you the right way to do it above.

First rule of fixing things is "don't cause more problems".

:)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had that problem doing my head swap, my little ***** foot impact gun couldn't do it but my uncles large overkill iimpact gun worked nicely.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just put a half drive ratchet on it, put the handle against the ground, and started it and shut it off right away. The spinning loosens it right up.
i can get under my car wile its ont he ground.. its lowered lol.. It has to be on ramps.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK another huge problem, the dampener is not seating to the harmonic balancer right, and we literally have to bang it one.. we might go use a press.. but i dont think we should have to

1 - 20 of 33 Posts