TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this used off e-bay a while back and wanted to verify that this was underdrive pulley had the integrated harmonic balancer in it. A friend of mine told me that the piggyback ones were solid steel, this one apears to have the rubber ring on it. Heres pic. Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's is the front picture. I'm still learning this html stuff

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
id say it is a crank pulley, cause of the keyway, but as far as i knew.... u/d's were in a set of 3 pullies, crank, w/p, and alt....unless there is a company that makes just the crank pulley u/d for the 4.6?

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
4.6's dont have a crank pulley, they actually have a damper, since 4.6's are internally balanced
that doesn't look like a "crank" pulley because they have 4 holes, it looks like a alternater pulley, here's a pic of a set and look closely (this kit is for the 94-98 4.6s piggyback style)
what happened to the other two?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Andrew, that is the correct pulley/harmonic dampner combo.
That is not the piggyback style. So yes you did get the correct
one you were looking for if you did not want the piggybacking.

They are usually a set of 3. One for the alternator.
Another for the waterpump and the Harmonic/pulley.

If you purchased the harmonic/pulley with out the others, it will still work
just not as effective as all 3 together.

Steve 4.6L

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the whole set, just wanted to verify this was an integrated type crank pulley. There weren't any markings or part numbers anywhere, So I did not know the brand or part number. Thanks, guys just wanted a second opinion before I put this on the car.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts