TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I will probably have a set of those available, too...

·
Registered
477 Posts
What is the differences between GT & bullet pulleys?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Check ebay!

I sniped my MARCH pullies for less than $50 shiped.:D

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Underdrive pullies do not require a different belt. You just use the stock belt, it'll be fine...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
There will be cracks in the belt as all of them are designed to crack some sooner rather than later, except the "Gatorback' which has those diagonal sipes to relieve some stress when the belt gets bent backward on some pulleys... I am trying one on my blower drive and it does seem superior.....

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I should have said "a" stock belt, rather than "your" stock belt, since I don't know the present condition of your belt. What I meant is the stock belt is the right size...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
J.Miller said:
Ah, excessive cracks.
:eek:
I suppose now we have to define "excessive?" Would that be 12, or 17, or 32, or 47 cracks???

If your belt hasn't been slipping or does not appear to be particularly decrepit, chances are it will last a bit longer with the new pullies.. it is not likely that they will speed up the demise of your belt.

On the other hand, they are not particularly expensive (especially through Dan Newman), so replacing your belt as a matter of course would satisfy everyone so concerned.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
For stock belts:
Minor cracks in the V-ground portion of the belt is considered acceptable. If the belt has chunks missing from the ribs, the belt should be replaced.

Conditions requiring belt replacement:

* rib chunk-gut
* excessive wear
* severe grazing
* frayed cords or similar conditions

Replace any belt exhibiting one of the above conditions.

The above is the standard line. I always replaced my belt when the cracks were numerous and close to the backing. This generally occurs when there are many cracks over every inch of the belt. If the belt goes when you are driving you can not go that far.

Can't a guy get lazy every now and then. Happy??? :tongue:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Another thought, I always change early, carry a 1/2" ratchet and a cheater bar with me and save the old belt as an emergency spare....Learned this after driving 180 mi in the Fla heat on a weekend with no A/C, P/S, and a draining battery on a Sunday afternoon..... LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts