TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the underdrive pulleys off of a mustang 3.8 work on the t-bird 3.8? I know they are the same engine, and just wanted to make sure.

Also, is there just a crank pulley and altenator pulley? What about a water pump pulley? Does it really matter if you have the altenator pulley or not?

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Mustang pulleys are the same. There are just two. My car's alternator didn't put out much charge with the stock alternator pulley, but mine just had the stock 75 amp alternator at that time (stock for the '90), yours might perform differently.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
yeah get something for the 94-98 mustang 3.8L and it will fit. I got just the crank pulley, made by ASP. Got it off ebay for 30 bucks :)
-Thomas

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IS there any way to tell who made the pulleys? by a number or anything on them? I'm lookin at buyin a set on e-bay.

Here's the picture of them. Were only used a few thousand miles. He believes the water pump pulley is possibly stock, but not 100% sure. And I have no freakin clue what the thing on the bottom is!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Why don't you just buy them from me? I had them on my 94 3.8NA bird. Only used about 2000 miles. I have the right ones and I even have the belt.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Looks identical to my ASP, but ASP's are powder coated black. Looks like maybe that one is flaking or something. The water pump looks stock, because its stamped steel, not machined steel. And that bottom thing...who knows lol.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
That does appear to be a stock water pump pulley. I think the part at the bottom of the picture is the exhaust hanger that bolts to the trans mount.

-Rod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts