TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I wanted to get a few heads together so i can figure out whats up with my 96.

It has a TFHS 5.4 4r70w, that has about 10k miles on it, and a dirtyd0g 4000rpm stall converter with the same mileage. The trans has a 28k gvr cooler on it. The fluid is up there, looks bright red and clean.

Here's the symptoms..

The car will act fine when i first start it up, then after about 2 minutes of driving it will pretty much stop putting power to the tires, and just free rev, just barely moving the car.

It seems like its shifting, but its shifting so soft you can't even feel it shift.

Then sometimes out of first gear it will shudder really bad.

The first time this happened, i barely got the car home, i had to go up a slight incline and barely made it up.

Then i started to hear a buzzing/grinding sound from the transmission area that increased with intensity when i revved the engine in neutral or park.

What the hells going on here?

I talked to Alan, he gave me a checklist of things to do, the first one was to replace the mlps. I replaced it with a spare i had here, and didn't make a difference.

Thanks guys.
JH

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not throwing a code yet with my el cheapo obd2 scanner.

My neighbors buddy has an auto xray that he's bringing over this week.

Hopefully that will say something.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Yeah the obdII scanner won't tell you much unless it is a dead short or something along those lines. I need to get an autoxray or something like that myself.
Alan

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
hopefully we will have an update maybe tomorrow Alan.i have a buddy that works with me who is a ford tech and trans expert.he is suppose to comeover hopefully tomorrow or maybe thursday to diagnose the way the car feels.it just might come down to us needing the car towed to the dealership to have it gone though.Hope your ready for that justin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts