TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is why...

And they wonder why they lose money. The chimps there probably thought this was funny over lunch hour.

Jim Long

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Actually I know some really good postal workers who go out of their way to do their job. It is unfair to judge the whole postal service for the mistakes of the idiots that did that damage.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Actually I know some really good postal workers who go out of their way to do their job. It is unfair to judge the whole postal service for the mistakes of the idiots that did that damage.
I agree with SD, but there's only one place I do all my shipping. The magical FedEx.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Dea47 said:
That sucks. I use USPS to ship my eBay and Amazon stuff, but have been considering switching to UPS or FedEx, for convenience.
They all have their ups and downs.

FedEx likes to deliver stuff three houses down on the wrong side of the road.

UPS likes to "drop and run" and marking down "driver release" instead of knocking at the door and getting a signiature.

During the ice storm did I see any UPS or Fed Ex trucks on the road? No. USPS was here 4 hours early though. People need to start respecting the lengths these people go to, the hours they put in, the risk they take.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Bad packageing could have related to that damage too. If things are packaged properly, they are a lot harder to damage.

It sucks though to get damaged goods.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
All I have to say is, there's SO much mail and packages coming through any business like UPS, USPS or Fedex at one time that there is no way they can "handle with care" everyone of them, so that is why it is the shippers responsibility to package an item correctly but putting it in the correct size box, making it where the item cannot move at all (to prevent puncturing and weakening the box) and so on and so forth.

Both of my parents (and my step dad) all work for USPS, I have a good friend that works at UPS, all put in hard labor, and to blame it on them is unreasonable. Now doing idiot things like delivering it to the wrong place is their fault, but a badly packaged item shouldn't be put on them.

-J

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I wouldn't have been so po'd if this crap would have happened.....

1. Supposed to arrive in 7-12 days. First head arrived at the 20 day mark and the damaged one took 27. They were both mailed on the same day.

2. I waited in the claims office for over 5 minutes before someone arrived. When he did show he was interupted 3 times. And 1 was a personal call.

3. This head was double boxed with styrofoam peanuts in both boxes. The outer box was ripped open with half the peanuts gone. The inner box was ripped open on the end. Just like someone took a peek, also some of the packing was missing as well. No broken piece from the cam either. I wonder what they did with that.

4. The claims guy said the packaging wasn't very good. I said well when your goons rip holes in the boxes kinda hard to keep the packaging material inside.

While it is unfair to lump all in that remark, let me say this. When you have 3 dogs in the house and one takes a dump they are all in trouble. Same in this senario. I work civil service as well, and I see more dipshats and lazy pukes. So I feel qualified to offer that comment as I have been working for the DOD for 22+ years.

Next time it is UPS or FedEx

/rant mode off

Jim Long

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Well the sad thing is, people think that going to UPS or Fedex is going to fix the problem. Remember it's not the organization (as in specific one's) causing the problem, it's the people within it.

I've shipped tons of things, never once had a problem, of course with the help of my mother and father I learned to package an item very good where there's no possible way it can get destroyed. In my opinion, if you can't take your package hold it above your head (6 to 7 ft) and drop it on a concrete floor (for those packages that obviosly can be lifted that high) then it's not packaged good enough.

-J

·
Registered
366 Posts
I only ship UPS... but then again, my mom works for UPS as a driver. Oh... and the comment about rain and ice storms.... UPS still works in thoes... but they are slower than USPS in winter weather cus their trucks suck to begin with, and are even worse in the snow.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
That's why proper packaging techniques include taping the sides and corners, and if it's a heavy object re-enforcing the corners. They sell packing supplies just for this purpose.

I just find the hypocritcal bashing of innocent government employees in very poor taste.

·
Registered
940 Posts
man that's harsh, I mean what kind of impact did it have when that sprocket broke.

Anywho, I like UPS, so far no problems with them, very fast and so far no damage on any packages. I'm just trying out FedEx, I guess I'll see how fast and good they are (hopefully they deliver to the right house :D )

Also Insurance, it's cheap but in your case, it could payoff.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
My dad is rual letter carrier, and his route is 26 miles long....stop and go the whole way. For about 10 years, he was diving a truck with a manual tranny and bucket seats. I'd like to see any of you drive a manual with one foot stop and go for that long with going through a clutch.

UPS and FedEX often don't know where the house is because they don't deleiver in the area often enough. Most of the carriers at my dad's office have their route's memorized. tell them and address, they can give you a name from memory and vice versa.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the FedEx boxes outside of their local PO? They're "partners" with the USPS now and your USPS package is just about as likely to be transported through FedEx's system as is it is USPS' and vice versa. In short you really don't know if you're *****in' about the right organization at this point. You're a USAF employee by the looks of things.... how do you feel when DoD civs take a rap for contractor behavior?

·
2,116 Posts
I don't like UPS because they double charge Canadians depending on how the stuff was shipped. More than once I have had to pay double the shipping costs because of UPS delivery charge practices.

FedEx and CanadaPost work together here and I always use them when shipping stuff. Cheaper for me and cheaper for the person at the other end.

Bashing public employees is a bad thing. It doesn't matter which shipping you use, the damage could have resulted.

Are they going to pay for the damage? If so, there is really nothing to complain about other than the delay in getting the swap done.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
TGJ said:
Are they going to pay for the damage? If so, there is really nothing to complain about other than the delay in getting the swap done.
Not unles he put insurance on it, which I doubt because he's complaining. Insurance is very cheap, like a couple bucks per hundred insured.

·
2,116 Posts
I know insurance is cheap, but if he didn't have insurance why is going to the claims then. Claims here only will pay out if the good is insured, so it pointless to go to them with an uninsured package.

Okay bad point, I am forgetting that the USPS probably has different policies than Canada Post, so I can see why he might try to get the part repaired or replaced if the part was uninsured.

If he didn't have insurance that is his own fault.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Whoa all this is pretty serious. So here is a tastless joke about the postal service and a pic about fed-ex and ups.

USPS - How can you tell if the post office is hiring?
There flag is at half mast.

UPS -vs- Fedex -
And the Winner is UPS Hands Down. They are still standing and can make deliveries.

:uppoint: :rofl:

Just thought I would lighten it all up

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Insurance will pay for the damage.

doodaa

how do you feel when DoD civs take a rap for contractor behavior?

We usually take the rap for crappy contractors. But hey what can you do? The goverment always hires the lowest bidder. So with that in mind the best aren't in that category because to keep good quality people it costs money. While this isn't always the case it is the norm. And when you pay the wages to get and keep the best you can't always lowball bids. IE. slap a sign on your truck and say now I am a contractor. I have seen this...incredible.

ShadowDragon
I just find the hypocritcal bashing of innocent government employees in very poor taste.

Just check your PM's on that.... Want to make more of a discussion in public, then lets go. Otherwise I point out publically you have zero inside knowlege, thus you has NO basis to draw YOUR opinion. And thats is it in a nutshell.

JIm Long

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Actually I do, but as usual you make assumptions when you know didly squat about me. In fact, the very first post says "I know some really good postal workers".

Yes, there are idiots in every job that sometimes makes people wonder how these people were able to breed much less get that job. I've never disagreed with that fact, you however have.

I find it highly ironic and very humerous that you yourself just did something that you yourself get all up in arms about.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts