worrying about whether we are offending some individual or his
culture.

Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge
in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the
attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began
complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending
others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against
anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our
population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants.
However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our
country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of
America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our
sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own
culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and
victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not
Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore,
if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God We
Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right-wing,
political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and
women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, a fact which is
abundantly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of
our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part
of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If
the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you
should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We
are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really
don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our
land, and our lifestyle.

Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion,
and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you're done complaining,
whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of
life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom:
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE. If you agree, please pass this along

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Thats florida for ya.............

Just what it says.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
209 Posts
It's ridiculous, the DMV made me take off my hat and sunglasses for my DL pic. Nobody ever sees me without my hat and shades unless they are in my bed. It's a travesty of justice.
GUN

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Gunslinger said:
It's ridiculous, the DMV made me take off my hat and sunglasses for my DL pic. Nobody ever sees me without my hat and shades unless they are in my bed. It's a travesty of justice.
GUN

I know what you mean man. I was gonna leave my hood and sunglasses on but for some reason they said NO.

-Shawn

·
Registered
48 Posts
That column is absolutely right on the mark!And what about the language situations...We are now getting billboards in spanish only,schools want to have special language programs that instead of encouraging non-english speaking students to learn english,they teach in the native tonque!
I wonder what it would be like in their country,if we were to start demanding the same treatment? Now that is funny............

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
True so Very true.. (except the religion part)..

this comment:

We adopted this motto because Christian men and
women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, a fact which is
abundantly documented

Is not intirely true.. Please don't preach it here. (and no, im not Atheist) The Mayflower was not full Christians, But Puritans wanting to Follow there Own religion and not be supressed by there goverment.

However, This is America, I love my Country. And you are welcome to your free speech. Learn English, and Learn Our ways. And STOP the government from taking away your rights.. (which they are doing day by day)....

Bill-

P.S. FL does suck ;o)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Wk is correct.

The "One Nation under God" was not added till 55, and "In God We Trust" wasn't on our money until the industrial age. The founding fathers were mostly Quakers and Puritans.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
schools want to have special language programs that instead of encouraging non-english speaking students to learn english,they teach in the native tonque!
I went through that when I was in the 7th grade. I was thrown into what they called a "bilingual" class where I didn't hear a single word of English! It was the most ridiculous way to learn.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Well, some of us Citizens DO speak other languages besides English, but that doesn't mean that we don't love :usa: just as much as those who were actually born here.

·
Registered
191 Posts
wk and Shadow, you are correct; but that was before the USA was the USA. As our government and country gained our freedom from the "Red-coats". The leaders of this country "founded" it under "Godly principles"....as it says in the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. The politians from the 50's decide to honor what this country was all about and what it was founded on.

The language thing really gets to me also. I mean, when I go into BK, McD's, Wendy's, etc. and the person taking my order can not understand that I don't want pickels on my burger.....that is crazy. Even had to say one time "Combo Uno".

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
"Combo Uno! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!
That's funny but at the same time, it's sad!

If this country was not founded on Christian principles, then perhaps we need to take a couple of bottles of white-out to the Declaration of Independance and other founding documents?

"The Declaration of Independence of the Thirteen Colonies
In CONGRESS, July 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

That is only the first part, but you get the idea.
I am not saying you have to believe in God, if you don't, that's fine with me because that is your right. But to pretend that this nation was not FOUNDED by those who had Christian principles is to ignore historical fact. Check out the signers of our founding documents.

Benjamin Rush: "The only foundation for a useful education in a republic is to be laid in religion. Without this there can be no virtue, and without virtue there can be no liberty- - -"
"Let the children who are sent to those schools be taught to read and write - - - (and a)bove all, let both sexes be carefully instructed in the principles and obligations of the Christian religion. This is the most essential part of education - -"

Ben Franklin: "I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing I see of this truth: "that God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without
His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his Aid?"

Geoarge Washington: "I consider it an indespensible duty to close this last solemn act of my official life by commending the interests of our dearest country to the protection of Almighty God and those who have the superintendence of them into His holy keeping."

Roger Sherman: (only signer of all 4 founding documents) "Let us live no more to ourselves, but to Him who loved us, and gave Himself to die for us".

The list continues. Were all the founding fathers Christian? No. However, to deny America's Christian foundation is to ignore historical fact. You don't have to agree with them, but please do not ignore them either--they are the ones who wrote the right for you to believe as you do.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
I am not going to debate this. this is my ONLY reply..

you post:

"The Declaration of Independence of the Thirteen Colonies
In CONGRESS, July 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
umm.. I don't see the word "Christian" in there.. just "God/Creator". And No.. Not all the fore fathers were "Christian"..

GOD DOES NOT EQUAL CHRISTRIAN

now.. i will admit.. the country major religion is "Christian" but probably due to all the false church stuff.. God home is the home you live in, not a chapel that wants money..

** i will refrain from posting anymore on this topic **

Religion is What you believe in, your ideas, not what someone else wants you to believe.. Life is what you make of it.. not what someone else makes of it. Everyone has there fate.. You don't need someone to tell you your faith.. I agree with several religions. and not one religion is right.. hence, i have my own religion..

·
Registered
191 Posts
WK....once again, I agree with most of what you had to say in your reply, and I'm not trying to convert you or what not; because, yes, I am a christian. But, the "God/Creator" they are talking about in the founding documents of this country is the Christian God. Now alot of people these days want to try and change that; but it's the truth. I respect what you said and what you think so don't take any of what I said personally. I mean you own a MN12....you cool in my book :D

But on a more historical note....if any of you payed attention in Western Civ you would see that throughout history the major empires fell due to the fact they denied there founding ideas (religion, god, principles, etc.). Some examples are the Roman Empire, Napoleon's Empire, and Ottoman Empire. Hopefully the USA won't get like that. Just a thought.

·
Registered
775 Posts
WolfgangNC

I was taught as a Christian that there is one God. I still believe that but believe that different religions refer to Him by different names.

And seeing that Christians AND Jews both worship using the Old Testament, the God we worship as Christians and the one that Jews worship must be one and the same. Therefore the statement that the God our founding fathers were referring to had to be the Christian God is just not true.

If what you say is what their real intentions were, (and I don't believe that) I can see why so many people want reference to Him removed from our countries references.

JMHO

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The point here is the country was founded for freedom from religious persecution and that's that.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
95LX said:

Well, some of us Citizens DO speak other languages besides English, but that doesn't mean that we don't love :usa: just as much as those who were actually born here.
He means you need to know engilsh (doesn't eve need to be 1st language), not that you can speak only english.

-------------------------------------

OK, I don't give a @#$% what you look like, or what your religion (or lack of) happens to be. As long as you can speak english, can count to 10, and are a decent person, your good in my book.

However, These people who are trying to make EVERYTHING non-demoninational can go take a flying #$%^. If the flag offends you, you have two choices, leave, or make yourself blind. If you don't like the national anthem, you can leave or make yourself deaf. If you don't want to recite the Pledge of Alligence, you can leave or cut your vocal cords. If you don't like the taste of freedom, you can leave or cut your tonque out. If you don't like the feel of my words, you can leave or rip off all your skin. I really don't care which choice you make, just don't F*** with Americans.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
don't F*** with Americans.
I guess the real sad part is that the people who refuse to learn the American ways and adapt to the lifestyle ARE Americans! They are naturalized Citizens of the U.S.A., but have absolutely no respect for the country. That lady at the DMV is a perfect example of what I mean.

Jim

·
Registered
152 Posts
i just wanted to comment on some of this.

firstly, the fact that our country supports people who ONLY want to learn a language not our own irritates the h*ll out of me. like someone else says, what is this country coming to if you can't even order food a mcdonalds without pointing at the menu? if you want to live here learn our ways and at least know them so you can interact with people other than your family and friends.

also, i was raised christian, but am not really sure what i beleive. but that shouldn't matter - yes the consitiution was probably talking about the christian god, but thats focusing on the wrong point. look at the big picture of what the consititution means rather than nitpicking the details - that seems to be one of the biggest problems with our country, people bickiering about details just so they can leave thier mark however unnecesary thier interventions was. (fyi i'm talking mainly about politicians here, not anyone posting )

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.