TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok yall might im stupid for asking this question. But how about buying those universal mufflers off ebay. They have a 2.5" inlet, a 4.0" tip, 17.5" long, and 5.0" wide

These what they look like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWD1V

Tell me what you guys think

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
not to mention...reminds me of something you'd find on a civic...

but they can work if you really want them just have exhaust shop put them on, they'd know what to do.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
there basically ricer looking glasspacks. Go down to your nearest auto parts store and get a pair of glass packs it will even sound better with the glass packs and then you could put some slash cut tips out the back and it will look alot better

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
yeah thats a fart can...you can spot them a mile away with there irrationally large tip

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
there basically ricer looking glasspacks. Go down to your nearest auto parts store and get a pair of glass packs it will even sound better with the glass packs and then you could put some slash cut tips out the back and it will look alot better
thats exactly what im doing tomarrow got 2 cherry bombs there the 507's 22 7/17 long they are 2inch in/out meaning they fit on 2" pipes

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
Why are all these youngsters trying to rice our their bird these days :( Get some real mufflers please. Not some 4 inch fart can :/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey it was just a suggestion and they do look like ricer mufflers. I really want some glasspack or some flowmaster mufflers but they cost and I am on a really tight budget. So what are the cheapest best muffler to buy.

Also does anybody have a sound clip of there tbird with just the resonator off. If so let me know

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cool i ma go check them out tomorrow. How do glasspack sound

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
On these cars with a stock exhaust... Probably crappy but I dont know. my 77 Cougar sounded mean with them on there... but that's a Pushrod engine with 2.5inch true duals all the way back and no cats. I'll have a clip of my Tbird exhaust in October for sure. I hope it has the same kinda idle as the Maruader on HiTech's website :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok I went on Autozone website and cherrybomb has 2 types of mufflers the Turbo muffler for $15 and the Glasspack for $20 what's the best one to get

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
This thread belongs in here...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok let be phrase this which one of the mufflers sound better (glasspacks or turbo mufflers) Truthfully I dont know s**t about exhaust :confused:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Ok do not put those on your car. If you do you're a moron. If you're saying "Hello to American Muscle" like I see in your sig then buy some thing that's going to make your V8 sound like a V8.

If you're looking at just mufflers and want to save some money check out these:

Dynomax Performance 17713

1 - 20 of 23 Posts