TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of posts for chips and tuning, but what about scanners? There are several brands and types--from handheld units to software for your laptop or Palm. The prices range from $136.00 to $679.00! What da ****!?!?

So can someone who really knows recommend a good OBDII scanner for my 97 LX?

Some of the websites I found the software on look like they were create by Bubba and his brothers Larry, Darryl, and the other Darryl. Not very professional.

Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I use a PALM scan tool from http://www.auterraweb.com/

I have had it about 6 months and am very happy with it. It doesn't do everything that autotap does, but it also costs less. It is much cheaper if you don't already own a laptop. I purchased a new Palm M105 to use with it for around $100. I also like the palm setup because of it's size, it can stay in the glovebox when not in use.

I also like being able to watch some items while driving (air temp, water temp, timing, engine load, etc) with the palm in the cupholder.

This software includes all the code definitions so you don't need a seperate book for lookup. (all makes) It has both generic and brand specific OBD code definitoins.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS GUYS! n/m

n/m

1 - 4 of 4 Posts