TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at cutting down my car's wiring harness even further as I'm adapting to switch the car over to a 93 harness, ECU, and most importantly, 5.0 engine.

I'm pulling out the 95 Tbird harness now and I'm trying to understand what i can strip out to save weight/simplify things.

Can you explain to me if I need the following sensors/circuits/wiring?

Here's are two sensors/connectors I plan to remove from the car and strip out of the 93 wiring harness:
- Evap Canister Purge Solenoid: the ECU tells the solenoid to release gas vaports into the intake. I don't have an Evap canister anymore so can I just leave this disconnected without throwing a CEL when I'm running a completely stock 93 ECU? I believe the ECU grounds this connection to activate the purge solenoid.

- Ambient Temp Control Sensor: I just found this sensor at the front of the radiator when I traced the passenger side wiring bundle. I understand that this just tells the SATC the outside temp; Considering my "climate control" is the gutted open window, I plan to pull this off completely.

Going over the 93 Wiring harness, I don't believe I need the following wires from the ECU. Please let me know if you think I will cause any issues by cutting them at the ECU plug itself:
- Pin 11: Canister Purge Solenoid
- Pins 54, 10: WOT A/C Cutout relay

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards,
-g

·
Super Moderator
4,920 Posts
I would leave a pigtail of about 4 inches or so.

The WOT A/C Cutout relay? Is a WOT activated output. You MAY want that for something like a methanol injection circuit later, so I'd DEFINATLY leave that with a 4 inch pigtail for later.

RwP

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would leave a pigtail of about 4 inches or so.

The WOT A/C Cutout relay? Is a WOT activated output. You MAY want that for something like a methanol injection circuit later, so I'd DEFINATLY leave that with a 4 inch pigtail for later.

RwP
Interesting point. What about the evap canister purge solenoid? If the ECU is signalling by dropping that to ground, it really won't know that the solenoid isn't there anymore (unless its measuring current through that pin -- which I doubt).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts