TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would happen if I unplugged my front O2 sensors? Would the computer just go into a limbo mode? My passenger o2 sensor is making my engine run really really lean and rough, since its stuck on it running too rich. Im gonna get new sensors, This PI swap just put me behind a little.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my air/fuel ratio gauge for Bank 1 shows lean all the time, Bank 2 Is normal, until the car warms up then it starts leaning out too.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I found the problem. Original Fuel Filter, and my car has about 226,000 miles on it....

Whats weird is that the pump hasnt been whining or anything

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lied, its still doing it, Changed the fuel filter and its doing the same thing. :(

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
could a leaking intake manifold gasket cause that also???

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It did it before I swapped intakes, I even sprayed around the intake and head with starter fluid and it never sputtered The code is always the same,

P0130 O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now im getting a P1131 and P1151....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any ideas guys? Could it be the DPFE sensor? When my rear coolant hose blew on my old intake, it soaked the sensor and its connector pretty good.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
P1131 Lack Of HO2S11 Switches - Sensor Indicates Lean *

P1151 Lack Of HO2S21 Switches - Sensor Indicates Lean *

possible that sensor could be done for. Have you changed the o2 sensor?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It was the sensor! I took the connector off and it was encrusted with dried coolant. I took some QD electronic plug cleaner and dielectric grease and cleaned it out. It was fine for a while, then it started doing it again :(

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'd change out the sensor if it was me

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will, I just did my PI Intake swap, and now I got a new job at The Home Depot so it might be a couple weeks.

Which sensor are you talking about, the 02 or the DPFE?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
dpfe
that was the sensor that got soaked with coolant right?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, but bank 1 always runs lean, whereas bank 2 runs normally until you drive it for about 20min then it starts leaning out too. Ill probably replace the 02 sensor first, and if that doesnt fix it, the dpfe will be after that. I wish I still had my 5.0 :(

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Im having the same problem... When I did my explorer swap I had to disconnect the passenger front O2 because engine will run like crap.. I disconnected it and engine runs just fine. I know I need to change the O2, but damn, $60 for each O2, its a lot for me right now.. I do not want to put bosch...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I really wouldnt mind it running rich, it running lean makes the engine run alot warmer than it should. Im probably just gonna disconnect it. I friend of mine had a Eclipse that was running lean, and it blew a hole on the side of the engine.

Rockauto does have some denso's that looked the a high quality and well made piece for 37 bucks. Ill probably buy that one and see how it goes.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
get a damn motorcraft.

That's what I want to get. There was a guy over corral that was selling the pair for like 60 shipped, but I can't find he thread.. Nothing better than using OEM parts..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If someone knows about that thread too, let me know!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts