TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not a Ford Thunderbird but I figured maybe a few boost nuts would get a good kick out of this and maybe even jump start you to do your own crazy *** project, that'll do everything you want and get you no respect :D Just how I like it. Nothing like insulting some *** in a Corvette that thinks he has a hot car.
Which is were this comes in. http://www.gtneon.com This is the one and only (in Missouri that is) Turbocharged 2.4ltr 3 speed Dodge Neon ACR 95. It's pretty hard to scare up a race when we drive this thing........because who the hell would want to lose to a little black NEON.lol. yep. Just putting it out there. If anyone has any questions about it I can answer most of them. Save the disses though I've heard enough of those.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
It's still a neon. Not enough torque and a piece of crap!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah well

Guess you can't win em all. I thought I asked that you not whine about this though. I was looking for enthusiats not close minded people. Besides I bet this little neon makes more torque than you T-Bird and pulls way harder. We've raced 94 viper RT's with this car and hung with them how does 240hp with 290ft/lbs of torque sound..........nevermind.......it probably sounds like crap right. You are exactly the kind of guy that we race. 12.5 on street tires in the 1327 and 11.5 on drag radials. Yep sure is slow and has no pull to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unsure

I don't really know. I was just trying to explain.........explain what......that the guy that I was trying to retort against doesn't like 4 cylinders. Anyways.....to answer your question if it was a bone stock SRT4 yes the 95 ACR would probably win. That's enough bench racing though. I thought talking about another turbo car would stir up a few turbo guys in the club to talk to. So far no good.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ToastedTires said:
Guess you can't win em all. I thought I asked that you not whine about this though. I was looking for enthusiats not close minded people. Besides I bet this little neon makes more torque than you T-Bird and pulls way harder. We've raced 94 viper RT's with this car and hung with them how does 240hp with 290ft/lbs of torque sound..........nevermind.......it probably sounds like crap right. You are exactly the kind of guy that we race. 12.5 on street tires in the 1327 and 11.5 on drag radials. Yep sure is slow and has no pull to it.
Im not close minded, Im just expressing my humble opinion, you don't like it oh well. Do you think the neon has more HP and/or torque than my car??? Do you have facts about that?? Better get some more info on some other people's car before you start talking things that are not true. I have a 2003 Explorer PI with true dual exhaust. Now, do you really think he has more HP than me?? I don't think so, he'll probably have more torque, that's for sure, no doubt of that due to the turbocharger that he has. Do you at least know the specs. for a 2003 Explorer engine?!? It doesnt bother me that some little car would kick my butt or that has more torque or HP, get some fact before you open your mouth. BTW, who cares about some little honda with a turbo?? If you want something interesting to chat about, look for MN12 with turbos, then people will get more interest. Move along..

Israel

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
It may be a fast little car but who cares? It's still a Neon, which is a name that has no class, no nostalgia, etc. Try putting that Neon in a head on collision with a MN12. That little piss ant of a car will be destroyed. Also, those cars that are really light suck when it comes to driving them. They are so light that if a gust of wind blows by, you feel like your gonna go off the road. I know because I drove a 2002 Focus for 3 weeks while my Tbird was in the shop. They are not comfortable either. Also, Dodge just blows in general and their engines are shltty. I drove the Thunderbird to the top of Mt. Mitchel State Park, NC (6,684 ft) and it did a great job. A Dodge Avenger, which was also parked in the lot was smoking from under the hood and smoking out of both fenders. (The Blue Ridge Parkway has some really steep grades) That car was pretty much phucked. My mother had a 99' Dodge Intrepid and all it was, was problems, problems, and more problems. In other words, that little "dinky" car may be quick in the 1/4, but in reality, it's a friggin' death trap.

The only good Mopar engine is a hemi; also many of the 50's/60's/70's Chryslers had some good motors.

BTW-your older brothers Redish Trans Am is beautiful. Now THAT is what you should maybe brag about........On an F-Body Discussion Board though!! :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Toasted,

Is you friend with the Neon coming over to Gateway this Friday night for Midnight Madness 8:00 PM till 3:00 AM ? Several of the St. Louis area SC guys will be there if it doesn't rain. Just look for some t-birds parked together.

I'd like to get a close up look at that neon, sounds pretty cool.

David

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Your Neon: 240hp with 290ft/lbs of torque
Stock 94 Viper R/T: 400hp with 465 ft/lbs of torque

Your Neon (please fill in the blanks)
Maximum Speed: ??? mph
Acceleration 0-60: ?.? sec.
1/4 Mile Time: 12.5 sec @ ?????

1994 Viper R/T
Maximum Speed: 165 mph (264 km/h)
Acceleration 0-60: 4.6 sec.
1/4 Mile Time: 12.9 sec @ 113.8 mph

Sorry, but to compare your Neon to a Viper is just ludicrous. :leftright

Yes, you have impressive numbers... but honestly who cares? I for one do not. And I don’t because I have questions like: How long is that engine going to last? How streetable is it? How long is that transmission going to last? HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE INVESTED IN YOUR NEON to get your 11/12 second passes?

This is a T’Bird/Cougar/Mark VIII board so to come on here and brag about a Neon is just asking for comments like you received. And then YOU insult with your “I bet this little neon makes more torque than you T-Bird and pulls way harder” statement… :redmad:

But like I said, I’m sure you’ve put a lot of work into that Neon, and you should be impressed with the accomplishment. But getting pissed when someone calls it a POS (which I’m sorry, Neons (in general) are…) is just asinine. What did you expect out of a bunch of MN12 owners? Did you expect a bunch of us to go “oooooo, ahhhhhhh, WOW…”. :leftright :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright here

Dial - 13.00
R/T - .287
60' - 2.006
330 - 5.552
1/8 - 8.460
MPH - 85.32
1000 - 10.981
1/4 - 13.137
MPH - 104.26

That's what the car ran when it was running like crap. It was way too rich on the bottom end and had a crappy injector set up. Now he has what's called a Port Fueler from Hahn Racecraft. So 8 injectors 4 23pph's and 4 40pph's. Wish I could show you what it just dynoed........but since I can't I won't say what it did dyno.......for fear that absolutely no one would believe it......that's fine I rode in it yesterday and it's fast as hell. Nothing like having to countersteer in a front wheel drive car everytime you mash the throttle. This car still costs less than a brand new Srt4 by about 3 or 4 grand. Today we pick up the new custom built t3t4 hybrid and really jack up the boost it's at 15psi right now and we're hoping to be able to push at least another 5-10 in several weeks. "Never send a Thunder Chicken to do a race cars job".lol. That's for you guys that take this stuff too seriously. A heavy tank isn't a race car.....it's a grocery getter with a very thirsty engine. I hope no one throws a PI engine at me.:uppoint:

P.S. Hey Dave N. As far as I know he didn't have any plans of heading out there but we just did some reliablity work to it that's got it right into daily driver land. I'll talk to him about heading out to gateway. If he isn't there then his mechanic will be I can't remember the guys last name.....first names Paul and he'll be out there with his purple bottle fed neon.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I think this is the first time I opened a link on a thread and closed it right after!!!(http://www.gtneon.com) That car is just flat out ugly I don't care if it beats me in a race. Atleast I have a deciently fast car that look's good and doesn't sound like a fart going down the street (rice cooker's)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol

A guy with subs in his trunk saying a car sucks. Wow you've got like another 50-60lbs of crap taking away horsepower you've got no right to even speak.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
ToastedTires said:
Dial - 13.00
R/T - .287
60' - 2.006
330 - 5.552
1/8 - 8.460
MPH - 85.32
1000 - 10.981
1/4 - 13.137
MPH - 104.26

That's what the car ran when it was running like crap. It was way too rich on the bottom end and had a crappy injector set up. Now he has what's called a Port Fueler from Hahn Racecraft. So 8 injectors 4 23pph's and 4 40pph's. Wish I could show you what it just dynoed........but since I can't I won't say what it did dyno.......for fear that absolutely no one would believe it......that's fine I rode in it yesterday and it's fast as hell. Nothing like having to countersteer in a front wheel drive car everytime you mash the throttle. This car still costs less than a brand new Srt4 by about 3 or 4 grand. Today we pick up the new custom built t3t4 hybrid and really jack up the boost it's at 15psi right now and we're hoping to be able to push at least another 5-10 in several weeks. "Never send a Thunder Chicken to do a race cars job".lol. That's for you guys that take this stuff too seriously. A heavy tank isn't a race car.....it's a grocery getter with a very thirsty engine. I hope no one throws a PI engine at me.:uppoint:
Gee, did I ask for those numbers? No. But I guess you don't have 0 - 60 times... nor a recorded top speed. You see, that is my problem with people that say, “I can hang with a Viper”… well at a drag strip ONLY!!! Can your neon hit 165 mph? What type of cornering forces can you generate? So “I can hang with a Viper”, is just total and complete :bs: in my opinion.

And I also guess this MN12 is just a grocery getter... :leftright

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=62723

[email protected]

Hmmmm, really looks like he's considerably faster than your car...

Again, you have some impressive numbers and for that I applaud you for what you have accomplished. But you still have a 4 cylinder in a butt ugly car that won’t corner, won’t last, and is made of cheap parts. And I have one question? Do you really own a 5.0L T’Bird? If so, and you want to impress people, why didn’t you drop a twin turbo system into that car? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Wish I could show you what it just dynoed........but since I can't I won't say what it did dyno.......for fear that absolutely no one would believe it......that's fine I rode in it yesterday and it's fast as hell.
I'd probably believe it, turbos will make just about anything fast. BTW, I'm planning to make around a 1000 fwhp with my 93 SC.

David

·
Registered
461 Posts
C'mon the guy just wanted to share something with us, no need to skin him alive. I'm not a fan of that car type but what was done to the car is pretty neat. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Sorry, but he started it... :redmad:

After one single, negative post:
TX_Cat said:
It's still a neon. Not enough torque and a piece of crap!
45 minutes later he replies with:
ToastedTires said:
…Besides I bet this little neon makes more torque than you T-Bird and pulls way harder…
He didn't even give anyone else time to compliment him on his accomplishment. So nope, he won’t be getting any sympathy from me. :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You all win and you're all right

I won't deny that the car isn't the ugliest damn car on the market but since when does looks have anything to with on track performance and one other thing about this ridiculous viper thing. WTF are you doing racing at 165mph have you ever been in a car doing 165 it's pretty damn scarey man. Potholes become death traps and pieces of rock become paint chipping windshield cracking projectiles. I give up........if I could show you a video of it at the track and just how much time is invested in this car then you would maybe understand. From now on if your younger then me and you act like it leave me alone.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Uhm, I'm actually older than you. Quit your whining. You are on a Thunderbird/Cougar discussion board. Nobody here gives a rats @$$ about Peons. If you want some compliments, go post on a Peon Discussion board.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright I get it

Point taken most of you don't like this car. However it is fast and that 40+ guy is just as grown up as me. Who deserves to get smashed by a very tiny import with more nuts then him lol.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts