TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

After my 5 speed swap I have noticed when the clutched is depressed my idle drops to 1600 then after about four seconds it drops to around 1000 rpms. Trying to figure out what is going on as the idle was always fine with the AOD and now it is acting up a bit. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Mind you I am guessing at this but the load with the 5 speed is much less at idle than with an Automatic transmission. This can throw out several curves in the EEC like Load vs spark and etc. I would look at getting a little EEC tuning work done. May I suggest J&M Corvettes in Hartford? Mike is cool...

If you do not want to get a tune it may be simpler to swap out your EEC and some wiring with an EEC that has a 5.0L with 5-speed tune…

Good luck! :cool:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Mark M. TCCoA VP said:
After my 5 speed swap I have noticed when the clutched is depressed my idle drops to 1600 then after about four seconds it drops to around 1000 rpms. Trying to figure out what is going on as the idle was always fine with the AOD and now it is acting up a bit. Any ideas?
Weird about the 1600.. if i'm coming to a stop.. i depressed the clutch and it'll drop to like 1100-1200RPMS SOMETIMES and hold 'till i come nearly to a complete stop.. and i've heard others do the same, even 5oh mustang with aod to T5 swap?? :confused:

Don't the EECs have different Deacceleration Specs or `antistall' specs from Auto to 5spd? Personally if it truely anoys you, have a chip burnt to have the idle come down quicker.. else leave it :)

Also like i said.. my car does it the odd time.. seems to be if some certain varibles are there, it'll do it.. (seems to do it after acceleration the most (IE stop-go-traffic))

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Cool that worked for you..

Heh I have yet tos ee the need for my car to adjust anything or have a chip burnt.. I can live with the drop to 1,000RPMs for a few seconds then going to the stockish 750-800RPM Idle (Like when it was an Auto out of gear (IE neutral)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts