TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an update on the stuff I've done over the last two weeks:
I finally got the damn headers in after 2 weeks of on and off work because I got sooooo frustrated!!! I got the dual 2.25 with x-pipe and my old 40 series flowmasters. And, as an extra bonus on top of all this for my birthday, I got the steeda pulleys. Let me tell you it was worth it. I took it to the track not expecting much. Before the best time I could get was 16.58 stock with just bigger wires new injectors and lowered. Now I managed a 15.7. Now please take in to fact that it is really hot and humid in Texas. But I felt it was worth it. There was an SC racing against his friend in a civic all night and the SC's best time was 18.3:uppoint: I don't know if that is normal but it was very embarrasing. Just thought I would let you guys know how it went. It sounds wayyy better, and it takes off really good. If you've got the time and patience I would suggest it. I paid 200 for headers, got a muffler shop to do exhaust for 160.00, x-pipe cost 50, and pulleys 180. Now I need to get new mufflers, can't decide between magnaflow race series or the new stainless steel flowmaster 40 or 50 series.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sounds like it was worth the 2 weeks to drop almost a full second off your time. How hard was it to install the UD pulleys?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'd like to know where you got JBA headers for $200? I want some.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the headers on ebay and as far as the pulleys go it was pretty easy. It's best to take off the fan for easier access. It made a hell of a difference.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
JBA headers are on ebay for cheap all the time, but because of their known cracking issues, I'll just save the money and do a set of Kooks. I'm also waiting until then to do my entire exhaust.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
sa t-bird said:
Now I need to get new mufflers, can't decide between magnaflow race series or the new stainless steel flowmaster 40 or 50 series.
Magnaflow. Ironically, they flow better than flowmasters. Although I would get the 3chambered XL mufflers..the race ones would be quite nice.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Dynomax Ultraflo's are really nice as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts