TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update!!! Pictures -------->

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I finally was able to get the stick back from my camera. Hope it aint to late.
Here is the link to the host site. The info on the bulbs is here on this thread and in the link. 32Bucks @ Pepboys. Tokyo/Nekoi Blue Two Tone It says you need to buy there harness but I didnt and havent had any problems. These pictures dont do them justice either. And the effect is even better in person looking @ the lens.

MorbidMonk

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312314/2

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
legal? most of all the cool things we do to cars isn't legal ahahaha

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Stop it silly

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
aww man i hate those lights, there are some people in my town with them and they are blinding!

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
sweet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Its wierd. When i had them the 1st set they were bright as hell.. But thos were the apc crap.. this one has the same effect but without so much glare. I think i read that they were 2nd generation. But anyways had them on for about 3 months now and havent had anyone bright me not even 1. But yes they are illegal. But in michigan thy just give you a ticket. And its really not to terribaly bad. But i also keep a set of Silverstars in the trunk just in case they tell me to take them out. Cops up here arent really as bad as them pricks in OHIO. Tennesse and Georgia arent really keen but if im not speeding like a maniac or drawing atttention ill be fine. I also wetsanded 600,1000,1500,2000,2500 then H.S. buffed em with meguires. Took out the heat cracks too. theyre also 65/55 I drive with the High and Low beams simultaneousy for highs and havent had heat issues.

·
Registered
316 Posts
not going to melt

you harness? i might go buy some. cuz now that i seen that on your car that is the shizznight.

i dont know about my pepbos, they are..well uninformed?? i called about VHT Nite Shades Coating
and they act like, what? tint in a can? no it a film...duh. so i might just have to stroll in to a PB and find these.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Merlon said:
you harness? i might go buy some. cuz now that i seen that on your car that is the shizznight.

Do you mean to ask if i had to put a new harness on? The answer would be no. But I will be upgrading the wiring soon. Id like to go with just 4800K and 80/100watts. But the catch is this. I want to permantly wire it so that when the Multifunction switch is in high beam position my lows and highs are on. And when I got to lows only the lows light up. Ive held it back with tape for 4 hours and havent had heat issues. But I believe I should still upgrade the wiring and relays just because on the standard 55/65's ill be running a combined total of 120 watts. So im sure the current could use a little help in its travels.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i bought a set. and they are sweet. really colorful and bright as hell. dont know whats with my housing for them, one shinses straght but the others side shines down. and i tried it with the sylvania ones from before, guess i never noticed it because there was never a reason to. the new housing i have for the passenger side , makes the light so focused, but the old one is kinda crappy, so i may need a new drivers side light housing. weakness.

glad i found them, i called to see if they had them(pepboys) they said never heard of them, i found em anyways at the same store

tokyo/nekoi
blue two tone.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Why would you need a harness? Would they get too hot for stock wiring?

C.Hill

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
stangboy7 said:
Why would you need a harness? Would they get too hot for stock wiring?

C.Hill
Amperage. They will draw more current through the wires.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
But will my stock wires handle the increased amperage i guess is my question.

C.Hill

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
If they sell a harness to use with the lights in question that would be a pretty big freakin clue the stock harness isn't going to be good enough...? lol

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
I didn't know what the harness was for. I didn't know if you replaced all the wires or what. I am not familiar with the bulbs or the harness, hence the question.

C.Hill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts