TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ended up going through a friend of mine and gettin some 95 manifolds that have been ported... Been told by numerous ppl that they will out flow the Kooks midlength headers by quite a bit. That combined with replacing the crappy stock resinator with a new 2.5 in 2.5 out res should free it up a bit. Also wasnt the head gasket that was going bad... It was the valve cover gasket... oops. Anyway got that replaced. And the blower is "pinging" a lil so we are stepping the injectors up to 42's along with the MAF to support it. Also upgrading the fuel pump to a 255lph... lots of work to do! Oh. And I almost forgot... Bout 10 min b4 I was gettin ready to drive back to Colorado from Iowa my clutch gave out. So I had to barrow my moms 2000 Grand Prix GT with 245000 miles on it to make it back in time. Been sittin around waiting till the Army let's me go back and get my car. Replacing the clutch with a spec stage 3 clutch and alum flywheel. Finally got told today that I can go home at the end of the month. I can't freakin wait!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've never had one, but I've read several complaints about spec clutches in SC's, especially stage 3. I think most people are going with Centerforce these days.

Regardless, good luck with the install.

·
Super Moderator
7,660 Posts
I love my SPEC clutch. Mine is a stage 2, and it is heavier than stock, but I like that. I also like the way it grabs as you are coming off the clutch, very easy to feel where it is about to grab.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, That's exactaly where I got it. Had it in the car a couple weeks now and I absolutely love it. Not as stiff as I thought it would be. It's actually quite pleasant.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Mine actually feels a little better since I installed new motor mounts. I still don't think it's shimmed quite right though. But it'll do until it needs to be replaced.

I'm glad you like yours :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts