TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the track at Mason Dixon yesterday. Overall much better conditions than a couple weeks ago, although at times traction went away.

On three consecutive passes on the bottle the car went 11.75, 11.75, and 11.77. Best 60 ft was a 1.58. Worst a 1.64. Best MPH 113.76. New Bests overall and at Mason Dixon.

On the motor on the 27" tires the car went (Not in Order) 13.01, 13.01, 13.02, 13.03, 13.05. Best 60 ft 1.84. Best MPH 104.32.

I had a couple passes on motor with no traction but worse pass was 13.14.

All in all a good day. Car is dialed in. There may be another 1/10 or so in it or more at a better track with the current set up. Starting to look like the bracket car it once was with the consistancy.

Thanks to Mike Siska, EECDOC for coming up and helping me get the idle and fuel issues resolved.

Good seeing the other MAMN12 guys there today too! Good runs.

·
Super Moderator
12,427 Posts

Congrats Steve~! :zbeer:

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys!

I'm close to the limits on the current set up give or take a 1/10th or so, I suspect.

Hopefully sometime down the road I can get a built motor with good heads, cams and better headers and such on the car. Time will tell.

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is bull****, now I have to play catch up.....lol!!

Great times Steve!! You some 28s for those nitrous runs.

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is bull****, now I have to play catch up.....lol!!

Great times Steve!! You had some 28s for those nitrous runs.
Justin, I had one pass on the spray and 27's but had some tire spin. 1.64 60 ft. Changed tires to the 28's with the air pressure on the high side on the 2nd pass to try them out. 1.62 60 ft. Then changed the tire pressure on the 3rd pass on the spray and pulled the 1.58. There is a little more left in the 60's. Remember this was Mason Dixon too!

The car set up since 2008 is just about 60 lbs lighter than before with the modifications. The biggest difference is the motor is not hurt now like it had been previously so its now performing as it should.

Thats all I wanted to begin with. The rest will come later whenever I can get a new hammer built to put in it and make some significant power.

It is now doing what it did best and thats the consistency!

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Wow, nice consistency. What torque converter are you running?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Sweet! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Great job Steve! Watching your car run those times really makes me want to mod my Lincoln. Can't wait to see that cougar run even faster, keep up the good work!

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, nice consistency. What torque converter are you running?
I'm still currently running a Precision Industries Converter that I've had in the car since 2002.

Thanks Everyone!

·
Super Moderator
12,427 Posts
Is the stall classified?

Single disk or tripple disk?

9.5" ?

·
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 25 Posts