TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my car and my roommates '95 Z-28....those came stock with a 383 and a big cam, right?;) We had a ricer pull in the parking lot while we were taking the pictures and he was revving at us. I mean he cranked the car back up after shutting it down just to rev at us. lol :rofl:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Looks real goooooooood! :thumbsup:

The wheels are black chrome?
They appear ... brighter ... than the first pics you posted.

96bird said:
We had a ricer pull in the parking lot while we were taking the pictures and he was revving at us. I mean he cranked the car back up after shutting it down just to rev at us. lol :rofl:
He didn't shut it down.
He just didn't have enough gas after all the "farting".

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JR Tigerstar said:
Looks real goooooooood! :thumbsup:

The wheels are black chrome?
They appear ... brighter ... than the first pics you posted.

He didn't shut it down.
He just didn't have enough gas after all the "farting".
:uppoint: He had to let it build up a little bit before he could continue I guess.

The wheels look lighter in some lights or different situations. They also were a little bit dirty when I took the first shots. You'll get to see it in person if you are at the GA meet.

Russell

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
:thumbsd: on the ricer....

Looks good :thumbsup: .

Is that true dual exahust?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cougar281 said:
Is that true dual exahust?
Yeah...2.5" w/compression bends. :thumbsd: I had a problem with the OEM exhaust and needed to get new exhaust....I had the extra cash at the time, so I went ahead and got it. It has Borla XR-1 mufflers on it. I think it sounds pretty good. :D

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cougar281 said:
:thumbsd: on the ricer...
What are you talkin' about? That car is f--kin' awesome man! :zpuke: I was just hoping they didn't come over and ask if they could get their car in some of the pictures.

Russell

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
96bird said:

Yeah...2.5" w/compression bends. :thumbsd: I had a problem with the OEM exhaust and needed to get new exhaust....I had the extra cash at the time, so I went ahead and got it. It has Borla XR-1 mufflers on it. I think it sounds pretty good. :D

Russell
I like the way it looks almost stock... Doesn't jump out at you, but eve with compression bends, it's probably better than the stock exahust...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cougar281 said:

I like the way it looks almost stock... Doesn't jump out at you, but eve with compression bends, it's probably better than the stock exahust...
It's a ton better than the stock stuff. I wanted the stock look...even though the wheels and real fat tires kind of kill that...oh yeah and it's pretty loud too, but pretty subdued at idle and when it counts (on the highway @70). :D

Russell

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
those are some real mean looking wheels and those tires are just right
i love that pic showing the bird's rear, made me drool...

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
96bird, is that a stock tbird spoiler? if not what kind is it?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not a stock wing I know that because the paint is starting to bubble on it. I have seen that Cervini's makes a wing that I think is close to it. I believe the previous owner put it on there. I wish I could help out more. I think the wing really sets off the lines of the car well.

By the way the pic of the back is my fav shot also. :D

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mn12xr7 said:
those are some real mean looking wheels and those tires are just right
I wish I could remember the email of the guy who sold me the wheels, so I could send him a picture. I think it would make him sick. He got rid of these in favor of '03 cobra wheels for his '9X hatch LX 5.0. He said that he probably would regret getting rid of them, but I sure am glad that he did, or I would have been the one with '03 Cobra wheels on my car (which is not a bad thing I just like this look better). I chose the tires in favor of handling the MX series Khumos are pretty hard to beat until you go into exotic tires (which cost more money than I have). They slowed me down a bit though as far as straight line acceleration...anyone want to donate performance parts because at the moment I'm broke. :(

Russell

·
Registered
310 Posts
Not that I'm too good to do so or anything but I've never posted in response to pics of these beautiful cars. But I think your car just looks sooo pimp! So if you don't mind, I'm going to copy yours seeing that you live in another state. Hope you don't mind.

By the way, how do you know that the ricer's engine didn't diesel? :D

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unherd said:
So if you don't mind, I'm going to copy yours seeing that you live in another state. Hope you don't mind.
I don't mind, but just to let you know to do it right wasn't cheap. I spent 1500+ on wheels/tires, 6-700 on brakes, 270 for hubs, 250 for misc. bushings, etc.

But, why do you want to copy my car? I have seen a ton of wheels on 'birds that I had never seen before and I was like "d--n those are awesome, someone did well with their selection". I built this to be different and I just figure that is what most people are looking to do. Build something that you like and that is different, so people on the boards will want to look at your ride. I don't know if everyone likes my ride or not since, I don't get a whole lot of replies when I post pics of the car, but I like it.

Russell

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I love it. Those rims look really well on your car.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! Have you got anything done to the Lightning? I know a guy from Atlanta (I believe) that has a big turbo on his 5.8 lightning. :zdevil:

·
Registered
310 Posts
But, why do you want to copy my car? I have seen a ton of wheels on 'birds that I had never seen before and I was like "d--n those are awesome, someone did well with their selection".
Because, my 'bird is Pearl Opalescent as well and I could never figure out what I wanted to do with as far as looks went. Did I want a kit or not? Cobra wheels or not? Spoiler or not, you get the idea. After I saw yours, a light went off and I said to myself, "self, that's the look I want." Clean and aggressive yet simple - I think it fits me. Thanks for the pics. AC

1 - 20 of 26 Posts