TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to convert my car to keypad keyless entry. Via snagging off all the parts I need from a junkyard taurus, lincoln, explorer, lincoln, tbird, cougar or any other fine ford product that came with this option.

Does anybody know exactly what I will need to pull off a salvage car and where they are? I'm hoping that there are a few or all applications that has the keyless entry system with a completely independent computer than other parts. I'm sure i will need the keypad, harness from keypad to computer, computer, and harness from computer to the lock/trunk relays right?

Has anybody ever done this or ripped one out of a car? I would be going into my monte carlo but i'm sure i could figgure that part out if i could get everything from the donar car. Also is there a major issue about getting the original codes from the dealer or are they printed in the owner's manual or somthing?

thanks,
hank

·
Registered
164 Posts
I suppose it is possible. You will need to do alot of rewiring and have a schematic.
As for the codes, they are marked on the unit itself.
Here is a similar idea that would be much simpler to install:
http://www.taplock.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool link. thanks, i'll probably look into that for somthing, but i'm stubborn and when i get an idea into my head, i want to follow through and want to overcome the challenge of getting a ford electronic system to successfully work on a GM car. Thanks for the code info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
krusher said:
this is weird.... I never thought that a chevy guy would ask advice from a ford product club site.... :confused:
call me what you like. i always thought ford had a good system here and would like to incorporate it into something else. i can have as much respect for a ford product site as the members can to me.

still no ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts