TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my suspension is about shot, I want to get it all taken care of this summer. I'm going with Eibach's for springs.

As far as shocks/struts....what's the best bang for the buck? I don't really need something high dollar or adjustable really. I just want something that's gonna ride good and be good quality. How are the Tokico's (the ones on shox.com for a little over $200)?

One more thing, as far as bushings and such....what would you recommend I do while I'm in there. I plan on changing my front lower and upper ball joints/control arms. What else is good to change. And are the polyurethane units worth what they cost? Thanks for any help.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Make sure to get the MOOG greaseable balljoints. I'd only replace bushings that need to be replaced, and spend some $ on chassis bracing.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
GreenBird said:
Make sure to get the MOOG greaseable balljoints. I'd only replace bushings that need to be replaced, and spend some $ on chassis bracing.
I might be wrong, but the Motorcraft OEM replacement upper and lower arms have the greaseable joints.

I would also recommend replacing the strut rod to front suspension bushings as well. Might want to look into replacing the inner and outer tie rods as long as you are tearing it all apart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts