TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I replaced the upper A-arms on my 94 because they were shot and ready to fall off. :leftright

Now mind you, I've had this to 6 different shops/dealerships to find a popping in the front suspension while turning.... and I quote, “We can’t find anything wrong, the suspension is tight”…. Well then they must have been friggin’ BLIND!!! Have I mentioned lately that I hate shops/dealerships... :bangwall:

The left ball joint had approx 1/4" of vertical play (yes, 1/4") and the right had about 1/8" vertical play. :beek:

Anyway, the install went without a hitch and all the nuts and bolts came out without any problems. So now I have new upper’s with poly bushings, new front shocks, freshly turned (non-warped) rotors, and new caliper pins and boots. :znanner:

I just wanted to say thanks to whomever posted about getting the ratcheting wrench. I can't imagine doing that job without that tool!! :eek:

So thanks! :bowdown: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've done it without a ratcheting wrench. It was in the dark with a trouble light, and I kept thinking to myself..."This is what a ratcheting wrench was designed for....I wish I had one!"

Oh well, I've got to do it on my Cougar soon, so I'll get the wrench this time!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought two specifically for this job:

18 mm standard boxed/open end to break the nuts loose (I had one, but it was short, so I bought a newer longer one)
18 mm ratcheting boxed/open end to remove the nut.

Worked like a champ!

I'll eventually buy a complete set. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
You're Welcome!!!!!!!!:D Glad someone took my advice finally, makes it a much easier job.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I did it without the racheting wrench because the racheting wrench set I had was SAE not metric:rolleyes: It probably would have been a lot easier had I actually been able to use them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts