TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my lowering kit on this weekend with the help of a friend. He did the front right while i was doing the front left. Well, just my luck, he tears the boot. And now the front right squeeks alot. What should i do???THANKs

·
Registered
244 Posts
well, i doubt that the joint got ruined in that amount of time. but, in due time it will go now that the boot is tore. smear some grease in there, and keep it greased till you can get a new one on. you have to replace the entire upper control arm. passenger side is easy, you lucked out. unless he beat the hell out of the ball joint with the pickle fork, i couldn't see it causing that squeak that sudden. did you remember to put lithium grease between the springs and the isolators? that can cause bad squeaks.

·
Registered
970 Posts
yeah get a grease gun and shoot some grease in the tear in the boot, that will help temporarily.

Next step is call up your friend and demand a new controll arm, hehehe.

Hey BR1, I am lowering my car next week, and I need new spring isolators baaaaad, where did you get yours from? I'm looking for the best deal around on them.

Thanks,
-danimal

·
Registered
244 Posts
ya, $75 a side sounds about right. i got the isolators from Ford. they retail for $10 each, but i told the dude i was quoted $7.50 each, and he honored it.

·
8,239 Posts
I found the best prices for control arms from expressautoparts.com Remember, MOOG and TRW are the same thing. I actually ordered a MOOG upper control arm, it came in a MOOG box, but the part was stamped TRW. And MOOG/TRW is the same thing you would get from the dealer.

JH

·
Registered
220 Posts
I tore an upper boot doing my front shocks also. I found the best deal on them. $45 out of autozone. Then Checker Auto parts matches that price and beats it by 5%. good deal there. You have to shop around for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts