TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my UCA's are shot the motor craft ones are too expensive ive heard that the moogs dont hold up well so i was thinking about getting the dormans?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I love the moog front end stuff I put on my minivan!! Plus its Lifetime Warranty!! I cant say for the durabilty Ive only had it all on for about 5 months but feels way better than what it was. Now its nice and tight!!

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,562 Posts
$43 for a Motorcraft UCA is expensive?

Get in touch with Jon here, he can get you a nice price. He's not working full time though so it may take him some time to get back to you.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Does anyone here know what brand the SCP upper control arms are?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put moog on on mine working awesome so far...if you want a really good deal with a slection to look from go to Rockauto.com . It has the great products for bottom dollar..they sell the sensa trac strut assembly for $112.00 whereas nappa was trying to charge me 180.00..PLus the shipping time is super fast!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I sent an e-mail to SCP about a month ago still no response?? They seem way overpriced on everything anyway!! I couldnt imagine putting an order in.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I sent an e-mail to SCP about a month ago still no response?? They seem way overpriced on everything anyway!! I couldnt imagine putting an order in.
They're over priced on some stuff, but they are REALLY good to deal...very good customer service, and the dedication to these cars can't be beat.

WITH THAT SAID...

I sent him an e-mail after spending 700+ dollars on front end rebuild parts, asking what brand they where and he flat out refused to tell me, something about "not wanting to give up trade secrets" or some similar BS...All I can think of is that these parts have some SERIOUS mark-up--I haven't heard anyone say anything about inferior quality, so I don't think that's an issue. I would like to know what they are though.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well in my e-mail I explained how I read the testamonials and I knew who I wanted to deal with. I asked him a few Q's and asked if there would be any discount for a $5000 order. Still no reply!!! Anyone who doesnt reply to an e-mail discussing a 5000 order does not deserve my business!!

As far as which one to get the obvious choice to me is Moog. Lifetime replacement is all the incentive I need. Plus they cant be too bad if Nascar uses them. No matter which one you use it will break eventually. The real question is will u still own it if it does?? If u do why would you want to pay for it twice???

·
Registered
510 Posts
I bought the el-cheapo dorman UCAs (I know, I know) and the rubber boot split within the first week! I am serious! I called rockauto and told them, so they sent me another (dorman) free of charge. So far the replacment one has not split (or completely failed) yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts