TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys get these right from Dan? I'd like to replace mine when I get the new stuff ready to be installed. How much did they set you back. I've got 130K on the originals so I think it's time to replace em.

·
Registered
217 Posts
do you get a rattling noise? i think mine need replacing too. there is a rattling noise that i get over bumps thats been driving me crazy. i replaced the upper ball joints and i still hear it.

Alan

·
Registered
253 Posts
When I lowered mine I put in all new isolaters and the front strut mounts. The isolaters were $11.84 and the front mounts were $38.42. That's each, if you get the isolaters though they come as a set of 2 for each side. I had to dig up my receipt to find the prices for ya'. Hope that helps.

Dave

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Got mine from Rockauto.com, they were the cheapest there.

-Miller

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks...I'll be looking for the mounts next week. Miller, are the isolators something you replaced on your car?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
No isolators, they only had 65k on them and still looked good. I wasn't planning on pulling the fronts apart so I got new mounts, but when the large washer at the top was $30 a side from Ford, I went ahead and used the old ones. My front mounts still looked pretty good too when I looked at them. The way I look at it is that those rear isolators are a lot easier to replace than the front mounts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
can someone provide a picture of the front strut mount. I have replaced everything up front and still have something loose and sounding like its going to fall off when i go over bumps....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts