TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The upper shock mount on the drivers side on my car has one broken stud...the one in the middle...the other one is fine, but I am going to order two new ones...I have some weird tire wear on the front tires...inside edge is completely smooth, so I will also get some new tires...to change out the shock mounts, does the ENTIRE front end need to be taken apart again?

Basically everything in the front end was replaced in mid october, and that one stud broke as the final bolt was going on, and long story shot I'm just now getting to it...I think this is why I have front end noise out of new parts...

Is there a shortcut to doing this?

thanks

Earl

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The upper shock mount on the drivers side on my car has one broken stud...the one in the middle...the other one is fine, but I am going to order two new ones...I have some weird tire wear on the front tires...inside edge is completely smooth, so I will also get some new tires...to change out the shock mounts, does the ENTIRE front end need to be taken apart again?

Basically everything in the front end was replaced in mid october, and that one stud broke as the final bolt was going on, and long story shot I'm just now getting to it...I think this is why I have front end noise out of new parts...

Is there a shortcut to doing this?

thanks

Earl
Many recent threads here on removing struts. You may suffer with the lower bolt, once that is free you may have to pop the stabilizer bar to get the entire assembly out.

Then you have to get the spring compressed (a shop or live dangerously with spring compressors), then replace the mount.

Check your ball joints for play if you have inner tire wear. the other thing is an alignment issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts