TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people work with fiberglass, and create excellent pieces for their cars,...

But what I want to know is, what is involved with creating parts using urethane?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Not a reply to your question, but I see that you just got Eibachs and Bilsteins, let me know what you think of them, big difference compared to stock?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Hardly anyone uses urethane, I think it might be because you must use a mold, which is very expensive.

Urethane is usually not used because it is too flexible. you wouldn't want a hood made of urethane. The only aftermarket urethane products I've seen are Xenon and Wings West ground effects.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking....

about when I asked. I would like to design my own air dam, but I don't want to use fiberglass to make it. I think most people go with the Xenon GFX because they are made of urethane, and don't shatter like the other stuff does. And as low as my car is now, the fiberglass wouldn't last to long.:)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eibachs and Bilstiens!

Hey kewlbird, the new setup is awesome.

Someone on here mentioned that the Eibachs were soft?! I don't have any statistical info to back up my comments, but all I can say is that my setup is WAY more solid than than stock,.. and all but eliminates any roll around corners. I love the way my Bird handles now! This combination also brought the car right down to the wheels. It really improved the stance.
All in all, I couldn't be happier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts