TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried polyurethane bushings against new rubber? After 152k miles, I need to redo my suspension, and would like to go with all polyurethane. Does anybody know how the polyurethane bushings compare with just getting all new OE rubber stuff as far as ride quality and handling? I am willing to lose some ride quality if there is a big enough handling advantage.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I have the poly bushings up front, but I don't feel much of a difference cause the rest of my suspension is pretty much shot, but you can keep in mind every little bit adds up. Poly squishes a LOT less than rubber, and I've read about people doing poly as part of bigger suspension upgrades and feeling a considerable difference

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a complete kit from MN12performance and I like the ride. You do lose a little ride quality though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I personally like it. I have H&R lower spring and though that the ride was too loose. With the kit it is much tighter. I have everything on the mn12performance web site. It would depend on if you like the stock T-bird feel.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to tighten it some, but still ride at least some like a TBird. If I wanted to be thrown around on a bumpy road, I would have bought a Camaro, LOL. Anyway, I might do some stuff urethane and some new rubber bushings. I want to do most of my handling improvements with progressive rate springs and good shocks (Monroe Reflex or adjustables). Springs and shocks made a world of difference on my Mustang, and I think my Thunderbird already handles about as good stock as the stang did with springs and Z-rated tires. Not as nimble, but seems to take corners and curves as flat or flatter sometimes.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have urethane in my car and I'd probably recommend rubber, at least if the Tbird is your primary commuter car. If it's just for play it's kind of a tossup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts