TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of new 96-97 headlights of ebay and everything was great till i tried to install em
basicly the plastic screws that they used are to big and to wide and the darn things wont go in:confused:
i tried making holes bigger but now they are not on straight:(
does anyone have original ones from their car they can send me i would really appreciate it:eek:
here is what im talking about...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I would say contact the eBay seller, and let them know that the headlamps do not fit. And request your money back. Once you get your money back, buy another set.

-Kornhaus

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Silly question. Are you using a 96 header panel or trying to use the 95?

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i was going to but i allready gave him good feedback and its been a while since i bought em so i figure its best to just get screws from original headlights :)
btw this is 96-97 header panel..
anyone have any???

·
Registered
653 Posts
Back when I had my '97, I had a similar problem when I bought a set of brand new lights. I just yanked the ones from my old lights and they fit perfectly. :D Of course, I no longer own that car.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I tried to warn you about those ebay lights. They seem to have all kinds of problems. Lots of the times they leak also.

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know... the price was just right and its not like its not fixable
leaking its not a problem to me i never drive in ran anyways ...
thnx
p.s ANYONE HAVE ANY???

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I'm with Rally, you should use the adjusters from the factory lights.

-Miller

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL would i be posting on here if i had em???
i don't have my factory headlights and no screws thas why i posted here :)
once again ANYONE ???

·
Registered
653 Posts
PHATBRD said:
LOL would i be posting on here if i had em???
i don't have my factory headlights and no screws thas why i posted here :)
once again ANYONE ???

Go to a junkyard and yank 'em off an old Bird? :rolleyes: Other than that, I dunno.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
I dont know what to tell ya, can you get those screws from the dealer? I cant imagine them being expensive. Dont worry, i had the exact same problem when i bought my new headlights off ebay....but i had my old lights so it wasnt a problem.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
A full set of screws from Ford costs like $60+, they're outrageously over priced last time I checked into em

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
wow thats pretty expensive. I had to get some new screws for my jeep and they were about $5 a piece.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts