TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, changing oil filter adapter gasket, not having trouble reaching bolts, so far, but I drained the coolant out of the radiator using the stopcock, and I was trying to figure out how or if I needed to drain it out of the block, before I pull the thing loose

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Don't know about if, but I can help you with the how.

There is a small plug on the drivers side of the block, just under the manifold. I used that area for my mechanical Tem guage. Might try that.

However, the more I think about it, the more I don't think you'd need to drain any more. You might try just pulling the lower hose from the radiator, or from the adapter (you're going to have to do that anyway to get the adapter off.)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I drilled and tapped a spot in the front of the intake. Just behind the passenger side of the alt. there is a perfect flat spot. I didn't even drain the anti-freeze.

Marl

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
If you unbolt the filter adapter, it will drain the block right away.

It's lower than the plugs, and more drains from there than if you remove all the lower hoses.

Take the opportunity to backflush the radiator; I got all the coolant out, and used a hose to run water in all directions thru everything; motor, radiator, hoses, all.

When all the chunks stop coming out, you're done. I was surprised how much crap came out of my 'clean' system.

Make sure to burp the air out of the top of the motor at the thermostat... it wont flow right if you don't.

I filled the whole system with water, then after I was done, I drained the radiator with the drain, while filling the reservoir with pure antifreeze; there's enough volume to hold the right amount before it starts draining coolant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts