TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
521 - 538 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
The new ford 7.3 "Godzilla" would be a nice engine for a heavy car. It's also compact being a OHV engine. Going to be a while until they show up in salvaged trucks but turn key 430hp and 475 ft lbs and bolted to a 10 speed 10R140 transmission. 5 star is already working on tuning them. Will likely be an easy 450hp 500+trq with emissions intact.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Why all the PM'd questions about the KB kit then?
Because when I asked you about that particular kit, I didn't have to replace a crappy (new) heater hose at the time.

I had to drop the crossmember and lower the engine nearly a foot or so to properly get at it the last time, and I replaced both, along with the clamps. I can't even reach it to bypass the heater core.

It's not a daily driver, but it's still incredibly irritating, and I think I'm done with modular motors, at least with this platform, as I've grown weary of how that engine fits into this car.

Concerning the supercharger kit, if I build the '86 F150 (it will be converted to a 2009 CVPI front clip and the spare Mark VIII IRS that are in storage, I just don't have shop space to do the build) I've been threatening to toss together for the last few years actually becomes a project, I'd be stupid not to do one, as I've got numerous 4R70W transmissions, a couple of 5-speeds, and at least three complete Teksid B-head engines to build something out of (plus the one in the car right now).

Concerning the car, however, I'm either going to get something smaller dimensionwise as a powerplant, or get rid of the thing altogether, as I'm burned out with the amount of room the DOHC takes up under the hood.

·
The Parts Guy
7,326 Posts
Because when I asked you about that particular kit, I didn't have to replace a crappy (new) heater hose at the time.

I had to drop the crossmember and lower the engine nearly a foot or so to properly get at it the last time, and I replaced both, along with the clamps. I can't even reach it to bypass the heater core.

It's not a daily driver, but it's still incredibly irritating, and I think I'm done with modular motors, at least with this platform, as I've grown weary of how that engine fits into this car.

Concerning the supercharger kit, if I build the '86 F150 (it will be converted to a 2009 CVPI front clip and the spare Mark VIII IRS that are in storage, I just don't have shop space to do the build) I've been threatening to toss together for the last few years actually becomes a project, I'd be stupid not to do one, as I've got numerous 4R70W transmissions, a couple of 5-speeds, and at least three complete Teksid B-head engines to build something out of (plus the one in the car right now).

Concerning the car, however, I'm either going to get something smaller dimensionwise as a powerplant, or get rid of the thing altogether, as I'm burned out with the amount of room the DOHC takes up under the hood.
:unsure: That doesn't make a lick of sense, as the heater hoses are readily accessible with the intake off...which is obviously a part of installing the KB kit.

As much as you gripe about the Modular, the pushrod 5.0L, and who remembers what else, why haven't you moved to a GM platform yet?

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,265 Posts
Yes, want a ls, go to the ls pages.
I've had to endure squirrels all my life who talk too much about a better mouse trap.

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
...Unless you've got Andre the Giant's hands. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,080 Posts
The new ford 7.3 "Godzilla" would be a nice engine for a heavy car. It's also compact being a OHV engine. Going to be a while until they show up in salvaged trucks but turn key 430hp and 475 ft lbs and bolted to a 10 speed 10R140 transmission. 5 star is already working on tuning them. Will likely be an easy 450hp 500+trq with emissions intact.
Thanks for posting. Calling an AMERICAN Engine "Godzilla" sounds all kinds of messed up.

Here are some other suggestions:
  • Bison
  • Kodiak
  • Paul Bunyan
  • The Blue OX
  • Grizzley

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts
Thanks for posting. Calling an AMERICAN Engine "Godzilla" sounds all kinds of messed up.

Here are some other suggestions:
  • Bison
  • Kodiak
  • Paul Bunyan
  • The Blue OX
  • Grizzley
Godzilla Rocks!!

·
Super Moderator
9,304 Posts
Locked for the time being. Take a few hours to cool off, everyone.

Alright folks, let's try to keep it reasonably polite, shall we? I don't care if you make good fun out of [previous] members but keep the blatant flaming off the boards.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Unlike Pap and JDJ … I don't misspell every other word with run on sentences. Those two were obviously the same person.

JDJ threatened to kick my ass with his karate black belt .. like I don't have guns. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

This whole thread is pointless already, somebody revived a dead end for no reason except to create a topic for conflict of opinion.

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts
What the **** is up with you, dude?

I thought weed made people happy, lol.

I can't say I haven't had some memorable rants, but dayum.
:)

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts
Yes; Yes I did, but in the nicest possible way. :)

You seem to be in a bad mood; care to talk about it, or shall we swap emoticons?

I'm doing my absolute best to be nice; you have no idea how hard that is for me.

And if I post a pic to show you how hard it is, I'll get banned for sure, lol.

On the even uncooler endo of things, I just saw something that really sucks ballz: Neil Peart died of brain cancer today. :(

I'd hoped the band would live long enough so that I could learn at least one of their songs well.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Yeah, sure you did.

I don't know; Maybe. Not really. Ok, I get it - I wont use emojis.

Oh, I do know, more than you know. Trust me..

Yes, that sucks. He died on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I was digging around the internet today and seen that there is already a 7.3 godzilla swap into a Foxbody in progress. Thought I would share.

521 - 538 of 538 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.