TCCoA Forums banner

81 - 100 of 508 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
5.4 4v in a TBIRD

Wow; all that drama over a car that never ran.

Cut structural members, in a flexible unibody construction...

Miller's infamous cut and welded monstrosity of an intake...

As far as "it fits": I've ridden in a 4x4 with a Pantera body on it that fit; was that the best use and design for that application? No.

Wow. :(
Did you even read the previous post? OR Cant you read?
You who think you know everything are annoying to us that DO!

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
You finally have your answer from the source. All this bickering is pointless.
I too could care less if the hood doesnt close and what not, but i'd like to see a RUNNING DOHC 5.4, not one just sitting in there :)

·
Super Moderator
10,398 Posts
I too could care less if the hood doesnt close and what not, but i'd like to see a RUNNING DOHC 5.4, not one just sitting in there :)
Me too.

96bullittgt, whining and ad hominem attacks do not prove your point. :rolleyes:

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
gotta admit that 5.4 with the bullet intake is pretty cool in an mn12. How does it perform is the real question.

I seriously laugh when people try to go the 5.4 DOHC route, its like the fabled northwest passage in US history it never turned out to be a good idea in the end. If you are a part of some serious shop that can do anything great that is just about what you need to do it right otherwise its not a good idea. Just think this car could have been done years ago if a 4.6 block was used.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
gotta admit that 5.4 with the bullet intake is pretty cool in an mn12. How does it perform is the real question.

I seriously laugh when people try to go the 5.4 DOHC route, its like the fabled northwest passage in US history it never turned out to be a good idea in the end. If you are a part of some serious shop that can do anything great that is just about what you need to do it right otherwise its not a good idea. Just think this car could have been done years ago if a 4.6 block was used.
yup it takes some serious capital to really get one going that is worth the effort...just look at the 2000 Cobra R engine.....one bad mother of an engine, yet the new 5.0L 4V in the 2011 mustang GT makes more power.....granted, there's not too many similarities between them, but cubic inch-for-cubic inch, a big bore modular with ported 4V heads would make more sense than trying to shoehorn a DOHC 5.4 even if its just for the fact that a performance intake manifold is nearly unobtainable

so just like the title of this thread states: "USA Built 5.4L DOHC could rock some NA socks???"....but it never did....although I wait for the day

·
Registered
518 Posts
All it says is they ran out of funds......Is this car still around? Are they planning on finishing it or what?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
All it says is they ran out of funds......Is this car still around? Are they planning on finishing it or what?
10 bucks says it never sees the streets in fully streetable/reliable fashion...although, I wish it would

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I believe in your talent. :)

It seems really important to you so why don't you buy it and finish the job?
:)
it ain't important to me....i'm just being the devil's advocate :zdevil:

besides, my soon-to-be "mild" 2V 4.6 will likely make as much torque/HP as the 5.4 DOHC in those pics :evil3:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
it ain't important to me....i'm just being the devil's advocate

besides, my soon-to-be "mild" 2V 4.6 will likely make as much torque/HP as the 5.4 DOHC in those pics
A devil's advocate bases his claims on facts. There are no facts in your claims. You simply want to twist reality into some spammer horror show.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I would just like to get my hands on the car and put it somewhere until my other four (two of which being MN12s) projects are finished.

Also, those who slam JM should really back off unless you have done something other than just putting a PI into your car. You have NO clue about adaptation or modification that makes things work. Cudos to him for being smart enough to get something running that was out of the norm.

SWS

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Also, those who slam JM should really back off unless you have done something other than just putting a PI into your car. You have NO clue about adaptation or modification that makes things work. Cudos to him for being smart enough to get something running that was out of the norm.

SWS
I disagree, it is the friendly ribbing that pushes people to finish projects like these.
Alan

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

SWS
Really? Im sure I could swap a 5.4 Without problems. Its just a taller deck. And a waste of displacement unless you are going with forced induction. I bet ya before I installed my SVO that just my car woulda stomped a 5.4 swaped thunderbird all day long.

And as far as modiciation and adapting I did enough to the harness to make it work. Plus other stupid little things to complamant the mods as I threw them at the car.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I would say something....but I won't.

I was knocked at first when I first came on here.......many saying that the C6 tranny would not fit in these cars.....well.....

And so what if you have to cut some of the shock towers......just weld back another plate...

http://forums.tccoa.com/showpost.php?p=1291320&postcount=353

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Alan you know it is not my project.

Really? Im sure I could swap a 5.4 Without problems. Its just a taller deck.
If JW could not handle the tune, how could you? Prove me wrong put a 5.4L DOHC in your car!

I bet ya before I installed my SVO that just my car woulda stomped a 5.4 swaped thunderbird all day long..
DirtyDog thought the same and lost before I added 40 hp. Sorry but my $150/ yr insurance prohibits me from racing.
:eek:

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
A devil's advocate bases his claims on facts. There are no facts in your claims. You simply want to twist reality into some spammer horror show.
what claims? I never said it wont fit :confused:

81 - 100 of 508 Posts