TCCoA Forums banner

141 - 160 of 508 Posts

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
In the T-Bird world that opinion is a theory and is not based on anything but here say and assumptions from a 99 swap with almost stock 99 4.6L components. 4.6L cams, heads, intake and etc. The weight difference is only 50Lbs. The picture could be different with 5.4L specific components. :cool:

The debate goes back and forth. There were only what 2-4 swaps tried and half of them never bothered posting information because they did not want to get involved in the debate. To date, no one has tried the swap in a long long time and with the age of these cars I doubt it is going to happen. :tongue:

The theory/opinion comes from you. For the last 10 years or however long it has been, you've bragged up your 5.4, comparing it to the 4.6. But when it comes to actually producing something other than words, you've been an utter failure. Show a dyno chart where you outdo a similar 4.6? No you haven't. Show a timeslip where you've outdone a similar 4.6? No you haven't. You're all talk, talk that isn't even truthful.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
What's the reason for this? Just curious...

bore diameter already restricts the valve even with the stock stroke of a 4.6, which is 3.543".....care to venture what the stroke of a 5.4 is?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
oh how so? for the longest time a 5.4 held the fastest na mod title. look up cushman motorsports they build the 324 destroker kits. They have taken those motors above 9000

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,117 Posts
oh how so? for the longest time a 5.4 held the fastest na mod title. look up cushman motorsports they build the 324 destroker kits. They have taken those motors above 9000
That engine was a very unique engine. Something you failed to mention about it was that is a Big-Bore 5.4L that was destroked. It also had 4V heads. It really doesn't share any characteristic with any other 5.4 setup out there. That engine was built by VT engines for the Cushman's. There is a lot of bad blood between those 2 organizations and both are crooks IMO. To build something like that is major dollars...

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #146 (Edited)
T...you've bragged up your 5.4, comparing it to the 4.6. But when it comes to actually producing something other than words, you've been an utter .. talk that isn't even truthful.
WOW, KD you must have some sort of super foresight? Predicting my goals of an engine swap I made back in 1999? Sorry dude but you are dead wrong. I built my engine to go far, fast and last on the highway. 11 years later it is still going strong with the same head bolts/ gaskets!

Maybe all those guys you compared me against had a few HP more than my car? But where are those engines now? Bad tuning advice = too much timing advance = too much heat = more HP = short engine life = $$$!

That engine was a very unique engine. Something you failed to mention about it was that is a Big-Bore 5.4L that was destroked. It also had 4V heads. .
Go figure... By the way guy this is a 5.4L DOHC (4v) thread. Lets get back on topic...

·
2,117 Posts
Maybe all those guys you compared me against had a few HP more than my car? But where are those engines now? Bad tuning advice = too much timing advance = too much heat = more HP = short engine life = $$$!
Again on the crack pipe. A lot of the cars compared to yours moved on to something else. The closest 4.6 car to your's currently was Bullittbird, he didn't blow up his old engine, he moved to a KenneBelle supercharger with a whole new build. The same with FrankenCougie, that car moved onto a Supercharger as well. JL never blew up his engine either... What N/A 4.6 are you referring to because the 3 that yours was compared the most over the years were or are running fine...

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
It sure looks like you are smoking it! Sure none of them were rebuilt! I am honored that you put me in a list with those cars but all of those cars had more mods than my car and were all built for the track. Even when I found a good comparison someone will still bash it, ignore the additional mods and jump in to tell me to do more and go to a track. Not interested...

Off topic again? Look around this is a DOHC thread and all you could do is jump on and talk about SOHC. The information here is a waste. It is pretty pathetic that you could not resist the temptation to give me a hard time over a car that was built in 99 to drive fast several states over to visit my Old Lady on a regular basis. If you want to read useful info on this swap I suggest you go here.

·
Banned
198 Posts
the biggist problem is that the 4.6 s /5.4 s

have very poor valve openings a 9 % cant verses a 11 % that why ford came out with the new 5.0 motor:D the older ones prohibit good air flow due to the cant angle:eek: which causes poor air flow:mad: so all up grades with any eom heads are a waste of good money:( nascar has changed all motors angle cant after studying air flow designs... try and be porgressive in newer changes . then perhaps you will be on top of your game :tongue: I have rode with miller as well his motor makes great torque... so most of you complains are a waste of time.. move on to something better than just back biting :cool:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Off topic again? Look around this is a DOHC thread and all you could do is jump on and talk about SOHC.
SOHC or DOHC, the 5.4 is not worth it in nearly every case for these cars. Take that effort and money you'd put into the swap, and put it into a 4.6 already under the hood of a bird and you'll find yourself way ahead of the 5.4 SOHC or DOHC. I'll put my 4.6, or any other modified 4.6 here against any 5.4 swap regardless of how many cams are crammed in, and I promise that the 4.6 will come out ahead easily, with less money and less effort.

so all up grades with any eom heads are a waste of good money
And once again you say this. And once again I laugh at the ridiculousness of such a claim. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
Who bumped this thread? This HAD to be the only 5.4 thread left on the forum that wasnt locked :facepalm:

It sure looks like you are smoking it! Sure none of them were rebuilt! I am honored that you put me in a list with those cars but all of those cars had more mods than my car and were all built for the track. Even when I found a good comparison someone will still bash it, ignore the additional mods and jump in to tell me to do more and go to a track. Not interested...

Off topic again? Look around this is a DOHC thread and all you could do is jump on and talk about SOHC. The information here is a waste. It is pretty pathetic that you could not resist the temptation to give me a hard time over a car that was built in 99 to drive fast several states over to visit my Old Lady on a regular basis. If you want to read useful info on this swap I suggest you go here.
Whats it matter if this thread is off topic? All of the proof of a "USA BUILT 5.4 that could rock NA socks" is a picture of a gutted red engine bay with a navi motor loosly fitted in it 5 years ago. Where can this thread possibly go from there?

·
Registered
219 Posts
it's entertaining to watch the mine will kick yerz a-- arguments , and listen to the " clever " verbal sparring though ............................. almost as bad as some of the discussions i stir up elsewhere just for sh--s and giggles and get a rise out of folks .................... LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
2,117 Posts
It sure looks like you are smoking it! Sure none of them were rebuilt! I am honored that you put me in a list with those cars but all of those cars had more mods than my car and were all built for the track. Even when I found a good comparison someone will still bash it, ignore the additional mods and jump in to tell me to do more and go to a track. Not interested..
FrankenCougie in N/A form was very comparable to your 5.4 and it made MORE power. Bullittbird when he was N/A, had LESS mods than you and his car made MORE power. Up until the point when JL rebuilt his 4.6, he had LESS mods and MORE power. If you care to go back and look, JL posted pictures of his old 4.6 and it was in really good shape and didn't really need to be rebuilt.

You have no proof that a 5.4 is a better engine. Can't prove it on the Dyno and you are to skared to take it to the track as you well know it your car is SLOW.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Its A Shame Your Brain Is Fried

SOHC or DOHC, the 5.4 is not worth it in nearly every case for these cars. Take that effort and money you'd put into the swap, and put it into a 4.6 already under the hood of a bird and you'll find yourself way ahead of the 5.4 SOHC or DOHC. I'll put my 4.6, or any other modified 4.6 here against any 5.4 swap regardless of how many cams are crammed in, and I promise that the 4.6 will come out ahead easily, with less money and less effort.

And once again you say this. And once again I laugh at the ridiculousness of such a claim. :rolleyes:
IF YOU WERE UP ON THE NEWEST INFO YOU WOULD N,T BE MAKING SUCH " CHILDISH " POSTS !!!!:eek:

·
Banned
198 Posts
The 5.0 Is A Brand New Motor It Is Not 4.6

A well thought out similar 5.4 2V or 5.4 3V will NOT equal a well thought 4.6 2V or 4.6 3V in Natural Aspiration form. A lot of talk about how it will but none yet have come close. For the 5.4 to outshine the 4.6, it needs the 4V heads in N/A form.

A well thought out 5.0L Big-Bore 4.6L will out do any well thought out 5.4L with any head combination. The 5.0L Cammer from Ford with less parts made more than the 5.4 Cobra R did.

If you want a bigger displaced engine, the Big-Bore is the only way to go.

CLONE:cool: IT,S LOOKS THE SAME BUT THAT,S ALL IT IS A HIGH RMP MOTOR :rolleyes: IT BREATHS BETTER THAT THE OLD 4.6/5.4 IN ITS AS DIFFERENT AS THE OLD 3.8 IS TO THE NEW 3.5 V6 SO YOU CAN,T COMPARE APPLES WITH PEARS !!!! .:confused:

Them 5.4's are afraid of the track.
DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
IF YOU WERE UP ON THE NEWEST INFO YOU WOULD N,T BE MAKING SUCH " CHILDISH " POSTS !!!!:eek:
I'd be more then happy to pull my supercharger off my car and throw a stock manifold on it just to run a 5.4 MN12. Betcha I pull easily on it from start to finish.

lol at this thread. Miller, This will all stop when you make some ACTUAL numbers with your car. And when this Bogus swap gets done. But nithier will happen.

·
2,117 Posts
Thunderroad is another clueless clown like J.Miller

Thunderroad,

Since you seem clueless. A little education for you. The 5.0L I referred to is known as the Big-Bore 4.6L Ford offered it in the aftermarket as a complete 4V engine known as the 5.0L CAMMER. You may want to look that engine up. In fact I have a 5.0L BigBore N/A 2V in my car. Guess what, it makes around 100 HP more at the wheels than Miller's 5.4 and I have more torque at the wheels too.:eek: Guess what else is, this car is a daily driver that has driven from Canada all the way to Texas and back, so it is not some "race setup" car.:eek: Another thing, unlike Miller, it is not afraid of the track.:eek:

Why don't you and Miller quit sharing the community brain and move on. Keep you BS for other boards because your BS will not fly here.

141 - 160 of 508 Posts