TCCoA Forums banner

161 - 180 of 508 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,398 Posts
Why don't you and Miller quit sharing the community brain and move on.
I got a great mental flash of the frankenstein from "Young Frankenstein" and his abby-normal brain, trying to shoehorn a 5.4l into a bird... :rofl:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I got a great mental flash of the frankenstein from "Young Frankenstein" and his abby-normal brain, trying to shoehorn a 5.4l into a bird... :rofl:
(voice of Frankenstein)
rrrrmmmmmmrrrrrrArghhhhhhmmmmmRRRRRR Im slow & weigh to much arghhhhhhmmmmmRRRRRR

·
Banned
198 Posts
I See Why You Talk Trash

Thunderroad,

Since you seem clueless. A little education for you. The 5.0L I referred to is known as the Big-Bore 4.6L Ford offered it in the aftermarket as a complete 4V engine known as the 5.0L CAMMER. You may want to look that engine up. In fact I have a 5.0L BigBore N/A 2V in my car. Guess what, it makes around 100 HP more at the wheels than Miller's 5.4 and I have more torque at the wheels too.:eek: Guess what else is, this car is a daily driver that has driven from Canada all the way to Texas and back, so it is not some "race setup" car.:eek: Another thing, unlike Miller, it is not afraid of the track.:eek:

Why don't you and Miller quit sharing the community brain and move on. Keep you BS for other boards because your BS will not fly here.
YOUR JUST A " FROG " OR A DUMB LUMBER JACK ..WHO NOWS MORE ABOUT CHAIN SAWS THAN " FORD " MOTORS MOTORS :eek:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I don't understand all the hatred towards a 5.4L in an MN12? There are plenty of people on here that do things to their cars that are just downright stupid: massive body work and customization, removing ounces of weight, painting the interiors, huge stereo systems, air suspensions, etc.

Nobody knocks those people for being unique and not following the crowd, so why so much hatred for someone that wants to be different and install a 5.4L in an MN12? So what if you can make more power or more torque or are faster in the 1/4 mile. Big deal, my Aspire gets better gas mileage than all of you guys. So does that mean your cars are POS’s? No.

Just because someone is being different shouldn’t deserve these kinds of attacks. I know some of you are just friendly joking, but sometimes it is hard to tell by just reading the words. What is friendly ribbing and what is truly insulting.

ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS A 10 YEAR OLD POST!!

Why can’t we be supportive of someone that is doing something unique and something HE WANTS TO DO?

To all those saying, “mine is bigger than yours”, why don’t you go and buy a Mustang so you can go really fast. :tongue: :zwall: :D

And ThunderRoad: If you can’t present facts to support your statements, please refrain from posting nothing but insults. It only makes you lose any credibility you may have had. :zbash:

But just my .02, and I hate to see such hate and discontent spewing out all over the board. :bawling:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
People with Massive stereo systems and Body mods dont claim what these 5.4 guys claim. (Miller) And that is the fact that a 5.4L is a better mod for the money. If anything he took one boat anchor and replaced it with an even heavier boat anchor.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
i have my facts, first I,M NOT GOINGAFTER THE

I don't understand all the hatred towards a 5.4L in an MN12? There are plenty of people on here that do things to their cars that are just downright stupid: massive body work and customization, removing ounces of weight, painting the interiors, huge stereo systems, air suspensions, etc.

Nobody knocks those people for being unique and not following the crowd, so why so much hatred for someone that wants to be different and install a 5.4L in an MN12? So what if you can make more power or more torque or are faster in the 1/4 mile. Big deal, my Aspire gets better gas mileage than all of you guys. So does that mean your cars are POS’s? No.

Just because someone is being different shouldn’t deserve these kinds of attacks. I know some of you are just friendly joking, but sometimes it is hard to tell by just reading the words. I should be a better listener!!! What is friendly ribbing and what is truly insulting.

ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS A 10 YEAR OLD POST!!

Why can’t we be supportive of someone that is doing something unique and something HE WANTS TO DO?

To all those saying, “mine is bigger than yours”, why don’t you go and buy a Mustang so you can go really fast. :tongue: :zwall: :D

And ThunderRoad:..... 4.6 / 5.4 DEBATE..... I,M TALKING THE NEW 5.0 FOR 2011.... OVER BOTH MOTORS THE FACT IS IT IS A MUCH BETTER MOTOR AS IT A SQUARE ONE.... BORE & STROKE BEING VERY CLOSE TO THE SAME MEASUREMENTS ALSO ALL THE NEWER PARTS AS WELL PLUS A HIGHER REVING 7000 RMP WITHOUT ANY ADD ONS , SO MAYBE YOU CAN GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT . THE OLD SAYING IS " ONLY A FOOL ARGUES WITH FOOL AND HE BECOMES ONE " NO MORE POSTS FROM ME ON THIS!!!! And thunderroad I know you can present facts to support your statements, we will need to do research , we are sorry from posting nothing but insults. It only makes us lose any credibility we may have had. :zbash:

But just my .02, and I hate to see such misinformation and discontent spewing out all over the board. :bawling:
:

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR UNDERSTANDING ON THIS .....ALL THE BEST !!!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
One thing I don't unerstand is how everyone that has put a 5.4 into their ride is happy with it. It is better than the big bore if you are going to boost it since it will not crack. Does it flow better than the 4.6? Depends on how you use it I guess.

SWS

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,117 Posts
Thunderroad, would you like a towel for your tears?

Thunderroad,

Since you seem clueless. A little education for you. The 5.0L I referred to is known as the Big-Bore 4.6L Ford offered it in the aftermarket as a complete 4V engine known as the 5.0L CAMMER. You may want to look that engine up. In fact I have a 5.0L BigBore N/A 2V in my car. Guess what, it makes around 100 HP more at the wheels than Miller's 5.4 and I have more torque at the wheels too.:eek: Guess what else is, this car is a daily driver that has driven from Canada all the way to Texas and back, so it is not some "race setup" car.:eek: Another thing, unlike Miller, it is not afraid of the track.:eek:

Why don't you and Miller quit sharing the community brain and move on. Keep you BS for other boards because your BS will not fly here.
OH I UNDERSTAND NOW. I AM A COMPLETE MORON, I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT, MOMMY IS CALLING ME TO COME BACK IN. SOME DAY, I HOPE TO GROW UP AND BE AS SMART AS YOU!:D
Have a good day.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,117 Posts
One thing I don't unerstand is how everyone that has put a 5.4 into their ride is happy with it. It is better than the big bore if you are going to boost it since it will not crack. Does it flow better than the 4.6? Depends on how you use it I guess.

SWS
Really, Assassinator swapped out his 5.4 3V for a 4.6 4V...

Dry Sleeve Big-Bores properly built have had no problem with 15 PSI blowers making over 800 RWHP. At that point they are more of a race car setup than a street car anyway. Wet Sleeve Big-Bores have gone quite a bit further.

The 5.4 2V and 3V are great truck engines. It is a decent performance engine in 4V form.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Really? I have heard from a lot of people that cutting them to add the sleeves causes them to be really week between the cyls. I have seen your videos run and they are impressive to say the least. I remember reading about Assasinator going to swap back to a 4.6 but did not know what/why he did it.

With that said, all others who have gone to the 5.4 have stuck with it and been pretty happy. I think if you had a turbo on it, it would be able to overcome the restrictive head problem. Or...like this thread says, go 4v.
SWS

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Really? I have heard from a lot of people that cutting them to add the sleeves causes them to be really week between the cyls.
yes true...for dry sleeves...and only when you're already pushing mad amounts of boost.....to put it in other words, you will not damage a dry-sleeved BB motor naturally aspirated

·
Banned
198 Posts
Seems Like Now I Get Fan Mail, Thanks

JUST A LITTE NOTE:eek: I WRITE CAPS BECAUSE OF MY EYES :( PERHAPS WHEN SOME OF YOU GET OLDER YOU MAY HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN :mad: I DID POST HERE NOT TO CAUSE A DISAGREEMENT :confused: BUT ONLY TO SHARE WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT:D I KNOW OF 4 CYLINDERS NOT " FORD " THAT PUT OUT OVER 750 HP RUN IN THE MID 7.S AT 177 MPH BUT THAT,S NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT :cool: SO I OFFER YOU THE OLIVE BRANCH ;) IF YOU TOOK OFFENCE TO WHAT WAS POSTED :eek: ALL THE BEST AND GOOD DAY :)

·
Banned
198 Posts
But I Was Not Talking About The Cammer

Have a good day.
SO ONCE AGAIN ONE,S ON FM WHILE THE OTHERS ON AM OR ONE,S ON DC WHILE ONE,S ON AC ...PERHAPS MAYBE WE WILL SOMEDAY GET ON THE SAME PAGE!!!!! PEACE :D;):):confused::eek::cool::tongue:

·
Registered
893 Posts
JUST A LITTE NOTE:eek: I WRITE CAPS BECAUSE OF MY EYES :( PERHAPS WHEN SOME OF YOU GET OLDER YOU MAY HAVE THE SAME THING HAPPEN :mad:
You can adjust the text size in Windows so that everything displays larger and clearer. My computer is a media center so my screen is a TV about 5 or 6 feet from me. I have the font size at 192 DPI to make it much easier to read from the couch. You might want to look into that, rather than all caps. Better solution.

SO ONCE AGAIN ONE,S ON FM WHILE THE OTHERS ON AM OR ONE,S ON DC WHILE ONE,S ON AC ...PERHAPS MAYBE WE WILL SOMEDAY GET ON THE SAME PAGE!!!!! PEACE :D;):):confused::eek::cool::tongue:
lolwut?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
In the bottom right hand corner of Internet explorer there is a magnifying glass with a number beside it, if you click on it and increase that number the view will become larger.
Alan

·
Super Moderator
16,820 Posts
just a note......they make reading glasses now...you can pick them up at walgreens for pretty cheap. Here, I even got a link for you.. reading glasses
On another note, If he has trouble reading, why would HE be the one typing in caps? Wouldnt that mean he only reads his own posts? Na, thats crazy... that would only lead to mindless ramblings and delusions :tongue:

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Really, Assassinator swapped out his 5.4 3V for a 4.6 4V...
Most of us 5.4L guys decided to keep our distance from Assassinator. He did not listen to anyone with actual experience when he did the swap/ intake and did his own thing. I guess he listened to you since you claim to be an expert?
:confused:

161 - 180 of 508 Posts