TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who else out here is a USA Olympic fan besides me!!!

We just "smashed" the French in the men's swimming 4x100 relay. The French said to a newspaper reporter (about this specific event) that they came here to "smash the Americans." But whose talking now?

http://www.nbcolympics.com/swimming/news/newsid=188791.html

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Yeah I am a Olympic junkie. I watched pretty much the whole Badmitten pool at 4am the other day. lol I guess it is just pride i guess.

C.Hill

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
hahaha, i saw the badmitten and i was like "when did they start putting backyard activities in the olympics...??"

and yeah, the american swimmers are OWNING the entire competition. and the USA basketball team smashed the China team

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
I would hardly call a .08 second margin of victory "smashed". But yea, it's great to see them win! I heard that the french were trash talking before the event which makes the US victory that much sweeter!

Edit: Ok, I just watched the race and found out about the "smashed" reference. What an amazing race!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
That was a great race! I can't remember the last time I was yelling at the TV during a sports event.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I stopped watching when the announcers continued to make pseudo political remarks about China or other drivel that had nothing to do with the event. But I have to admit I’ve probably only watched 3 or 4 hours total, mainly the gymnastics and diving. The opening ceremony was awesome!! :bowdown:

I just wish announcers would provide information about what is happening in the specific event, like how things are scored, what the requirements are, the technical aspects, etc. Not whether China has a bad human rights record… There’s just too much opinion for my taste (which is why I seldom watch major sporting events). I like facts, not opinion. :D

Is there a schedule posted somewhere that lists when the specific events will be broadcast? I would like to be able to pick and choose exactly which event I watch.

With that said, I definitely applaud each and every person participating in the competition, AND the thousands of individuals that are coordinating, scheduling, and managing this huge event.

And of course… :usa: :usa: GO USA!!! :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The opening ceremony was awesome!! :bowdown:
With that said, I definitely applaud each and every person participating in the competition, AND the thousands of individuals that are coordinating, scheduling, and managing this huge event.
Totally agree. I haven't watched the whole thing, (except I saw the opening ceremony in most of its entirety...awesome show with the lighting of the Olympic flame) but rather flipping back and forth between baseball and the Olympics. I flipped back just in time to see that relay swimming race! Freakin awesome finish. Heard all about the French team's trashtalk, and blammo! I was yelling at the TV too. Way to go, USA team! Oh, the look on the French team's finisher's face was PRICELESS at the end of the race when he turned to look at the scoring/time. PRICELESS, I tell you! And didn't the first like four finishers in that race break the prefious world record? HA HA!!! In your faces, France. They can add that to their list of all the American things/ideals that they hate while they're sitting in McDonalds eating burgers and fries with mayo.:tongue:

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I've been follwing these competitors fairly close:
http://www.usashooting.com/

Just wish they had Action Pistol or High-Power Rifle competitions :D

I've also been watching the archery of and on.

I stopped watching when the announcers continued to make pseudo political remarks about China or other drivel that had nothing to do with the event. But I have to admit I’ve probably only watched 3 or 4 hours total, mainly the gymnastics and diving. The opening ceremony was awesome!! :bowdown:
I've been watching it online and there hasn't been much commentary in the sports I watched. The team archery had only text commentary, which made it all the more enjoyable.

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I've been watching it online and there hasn't been much commentary in the sports I watched. The team archery had only text commentary, which made it all the more enjoyable.
I watched some more last night and it was a lot better! I think it really depends on who the commentators are as to how much "opinion" is thrown in.

One part that I like a lot are the commercials. Some of them crack me up! The ancient Greek Olympian bringing down the Parthenon due to wind is priceless! And the Coke commercial with the basketball players with how they bring out the symbols of their countries until they both whip out Coke Cola. :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Am I the only one that could care less about the Olympics and their ghey events?
so you wouldnt want to see the US women's gymnastics team in baby oil doubles twister?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
If that were an actual event, then I'd have a much different opinion of the Olympics!
i went to the us gymnastics website....and some of those girls will make excellent strippers.

BTW, wanna do all-u-can-eat ribs at Park Ave tonite?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts