TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Thread Killer
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gears are Ford ones that are in my car now, switching to4.10 in an AL pumpkin. The chip was out of my 95 4.6, it was setup for a stock car. At that time I had nothing done to it. The computer in my car is a A5W0...F5SF-12A650-CA.

Ill try to answer any questions...Would like to get $50.00 plus shipping for the chip and $75.00 plus shipping for the gears.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
what size pumkin are teh gears for? would they work on a stock 95 rear (open, i think 7.5")

·
Registered
294 Posts
The gears are Ford ones that are in my car now, switching to4.10 in an AL pumpkin. The chip was out of my 95 4.6, it was setup for a stock car. At that time I had nothing done to it. The computer in my car is a A5W0...F5SF-12A650-CA.

[IM]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p196/Pudge91/CHIPPIC2.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p196/Pudge91/CHIPPIC.jpg[/IMG]

Ill try to answer any questions...Would like to get $50.00 plus shipping for the chip and $75.00 plus shipping for the gears.
stock as in SOHC or a stock DOHC engine? what kind of boost in performance did it give?

is RPC the brand? and If I decide to add say, PI intake and heads later on, can I have it re-flashed for those?

·
Registered
157 Posts
does the chip take off speed limiters that damn limiter makes me mad lol cant go past 100 proposterous.

·
Thread Killer
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gears are for an 8.8 rearend. My 95 v8 came with a 8.8 rearend, and they did work with my open diff. The chip was on the stock SOHC engine. I dont know if it removed the speed limiter, but I never found it(113mph) according to the stock speedo. As far as getting it reburned Id have to see what I can find out. It made the shifts firmer and moved/removed the speedlimiter.

·
Registered
859 Posts
PM Sent.

Thomas

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm very interested in the chip. I know I am a n00b but wheres this thing plug into lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
dibs on chip if you can get more details.

oh, one more Q: will this only work with a computer with that number? or will it work with most any EEC? gotta check mine....

·
Thread Killer
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The chip plugs onto/into the pcm which is located in the passenger kick panel(down by the passengers feet). I believe it will only work with that computer but I have an email sent about future burns and what all computers it will work on.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The chip plugs onto/into the pcm which is located in the passenger kick panel(down by the passengers feet). I believe it will only work with that computer but I have an email sent about future burns and what all computers it will work on.
great, pouring today so I still can't check my version. do you know if it is listed anywhere other than on the computer? do you have a link to the company? Googling "RPC" and other variants turns up nothing

·
Registered
294 Posts
Get a SCT chip and tune from Lonnie, Blue Oval Chips. It is money well spent.
come on, this guys trying to sell his stuff here and you have to come in and recommend people get other things? yea it may be good, but its not $50....some quick bolt on performance here that (supposedly) does 2 things I want. Firmer shifts and no speed limiter

·
Registered
663 Posts
$50 is a great price. It was around $350 from Reinhart when new, plus having to deal with Reinhart's eccentricities. Years ago he used to be the recommended chip merchant. I still run a Reinhart chip in my '97 Bird. Crisper shifts, no speed limiter, more timing are the benefits using the same tuning as SCT uses or used.

·
Registered
157 Posts
well some one (me) kinda said they had interest before u did lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
mitchellb3 you can take it if you want, I need to get my priorities straight and get my exhaust fixed first :tongue:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts