TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it ok to buy some used PI cams to put on my t-bird or wait till I have enough to get new ones? Probably could get them cheap off a mustang board. When/if I do it I also plan on replacing the timing chains etc. What do you guys think? Also are there differences between the years?

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
DirtyBird46 said:
Is it ok to buy some used PI cams to put on my t-bird or wait till I have enough to get new ones? Probably could get them cheap off a mustang board. When/if I do it I also plan on replacing the timing chains etc. What do you guys think? Also are there differences between the years?
My cams were used.
All of the '99-up cams are the same spec whether they were in a truck,car,van,SUV,whatever.
JL

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
JL, did you feel a big difference when you put your cams in? Cause I plan on puting 96 heads on with PI cams and if there isn't that big of a difference, I'll just wait to get them P&Ped.

·
3,232 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
JL, did you feel a big difference when you put your cams in? Cause I plan on puting 96 heads on with PI cams and if there isn't that big of a difference, I'll just wait to get them P&Ped.
a 12 rwhp,and a 18 ft-lbs difference.
JL

·
3,232 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
Thanks. Now what about the intake? Should I keep me aluminum one or go to the newer plastic one?
You'll have to decide on how much money you wanna spend.The plastic intake has a slight advantage.
JL

·
3,232 Posts
DirtyBird46 said:
JL, how much did you pay for your cams if you dont mind me asking? I found a guy that will sell me his for $150 shipped.

Jim
$150 is a fair price.
JL

·
3,232 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
What would the advantage be? 1-2 hp?
Don't honestly know..and I won't speculate on the net about how much it is.
JL

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
Ok. I think I heard somewhere that the 15 lbs of tourqe differenct between 94/95 and 96/97 was in the manifold.
That statement was made before JL posted the picture with the difference between the 94/95 and the 96/97 heads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts