TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a 90 sc and a 95 t-bird bumper and 96/97 headlights, would a 96/97 cougar hood fit ok? how can i get that chrome peice off the front part?
thanks

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
unscrew the chrome piece, and then fill in the holes.....

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Cougar front!

Yep its all the same. I have found some cougars didnt have holes for what ever reason maybe they have had replaced hoods at some point and the trim was glued on. Jordan is right though just unbolt it and fill some lovely holes.

·
1,446 Posts
Salvage cars and junk yards.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I thought it would be better than starting a new one.

I hate the front end on my '96 Cougar... I think it's gaudy and ostentacious.
I want to remove the chrome "moustache" on the hood, but as discussed above, it will leave three holes in the sheet metal.
Can these really be filled? Wouldn't the filler crack and seperate after a certain amount of time?
Also, I would love to convert to the Thunderbird front end. I understand that the hood is the same, as are the headlights.
Can I just slap on the Thunderbird bumper cover?

What about an older Cougar? Could I put a '91 or '92 front end on my '96? Would the fenders match up with the hood, corner lenses, and bumper cover?
Thanks for any help.

·
1,446 Posts
Personally just do it like mine I think it looks bad *** :)

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Did you use the Thunderbird hood, or did you fill the holes?
I really hate the Cougar grille on the '96-'97... maybe I should have said that earlier.

Very nice cat, by the way.

·
1,446 Posts
its a T bird hood but the same thing just filled holes you can fill the holes no problem.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Thanks for the information.

What about an older Cougar? Could I put a '91 or '92 front end on my '96? Would the '96 fenders match up with the '91/'92 hood, corner lenses, and bumper cover?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
cougarcragar said:

What about an older Cougar? Could I put a '91 or '92 front end on my '96? Would the '96 fenders match up with the '91/'92 hood, corner lenses, and bumper cover?
yes, no, yes, no.

if you want to flip to an 89-95 cougar front end, you need to change hood, headlights, bumper cover, bumper foam, as well as rewiring the headlights to operate on the dual bulb system. too much work imho.

you're better off just taking the cougar grill off and filling the holes. don't swap bumpers as well. the large opening in the cougar grill makes a nice place to put a badge of some sort if you wish.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Awesome. I think I'll go with that (I forgot about the headlight wiring differences).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts