1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
your opening a huge can of worms

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Its a lot like wanting to sleep with your favorite star. If you don't have a lot of money, a lot of talent and a lot of connections then it isn't going to happen.
Darrin

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah this is true. Im not really interested in doing it, but I had heard rumors of these in crown vics, so I was curious about any one having it in an mn12. I guess it should fit, but like you said it involves a lot of money.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Man.. a V10 in an MN12 would be sick! I'd love to see it one day!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Go to "V-10 MN-12" thread . A guy or two have 5.4L V-8 in there cars and it's the same width as the V-10 Tritan . I'v seen a V-10 for $600.00 with no computer.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
You guys are missing the obvious limitation/problem. It has nothing to do with skills or money.........do you actually want that much weight hanging on the front of your car. You might get some straight line performance but it is going to handle like poo. I can say from first hand experience the balance of my car is noticably better after I installed the aluminum block 4.6 so you are going the wrong direction with weight.

·
Registered
395 Posts
In my Vic' atleast it already handles like poo, so what do I have to loose?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
V - 10

There was a guy who dropped one in a Grand Marquis and raced it,

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
V 10

There were pics and info on the Crown Vicki site and Grand Marquis site. Car was white and around a 96' or so body. Cowl scoop and as I recall pretty quick.

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are missing the obvious limitation/problem. It has nothing to do with skills or money.........do you actually want that much weight hanging on the front of your car. You might get some straight line performance but it is going to handle like poo. I can say from first hand experience the balance of my car is noticably better after I installed the aluminum block 4.6 so you are going the wrong direction with weight.
I think you are missing the point.

On the other hand did you do aluminum 2 or 4 valve, because ive been planning on doing an aluminum 2 valve and am curious how the project went

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think you are missing the point.

On the other hand, timb, did you do aluminum 2 or 4 valve, because ive been planning on doing an aluminum 2 valve and am curious how the project went

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
2V with a blower. I understand that everyone is interested in seeing the largest thing they can cram in a MN12 but I think even if it's possible it will be disapointing. Just my 2 cents but it's not my money so have at it. As far as how it went it was the easiest engine swap I've ever done and I have been daily driving it 100 miles a day for 3 years now. 80,000 with the blower

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
One problem that I see . . . . length. The MN-12 was originally designed for a V6. They (ford) finally shoehorned a 5.0 into them 2 years after they introduced the platform.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts