TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have v6 tranny 4r70w and i would like to keep it as a backup for my current jmodded tranny but I have a v8 what are the options.....will it bolt up to the v8 and if not is there any adapters available and if so then are there any downsides to an adapter? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
unfortunately, I dont know of any 4r70w bellhousing adapters. Maybe you can make a trade with someone?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i am assuming that it doensn't bolt up to a v8.....does anyone want to trade?!?!?! It's going in the trash if not

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
h0ow about the internals......can I save the valve body,acumulators and other internals and use them on a rebuild of a v8 tranny?

·
Administrator
8,246 Posts
loopyj22 said:
It's going in the trash if not
Too bad you live so far away, I'd take it off your hands.

Joe

·
Registered
484 Posts
ever priced one on ebay? Bet you could make a buck on it.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
loopyj22 said:
So i am assuming that it doensn't bolt up to a v8.....does anyone want to trade?!?!?! It's going in the trash if not
Where you in florida ?

I take it off your hands :)

the internals are the same as the 4r70w for the 4.6L, the bellhousing it different., the 3.8 will only bolt to the 3.8,4.2,302,351W

·
Registered
659 Posts
you forgot the 300 inline 6, and 351 clevelands.l

:D

Mike

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in Bradenton. I am going to save the internals for future rebuild of v8 tranny but If anyone wants the rest of it let me know. I was just going to sell it to a junk yard for a core charge.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
its worthless to me in peaces..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts