TCCoA Forums banner

V8 SHO parts... Can we use any?

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  GreenBird 
#1 ·
Hey, I pulled some stuff off of a 97 V8 SHO Taurus, and I was curious if any of it is usable.

I noticed it had a HUGE MAF... can we use the SHO MAF?

Also, can we use SHO Fuel injectors? The ones I pulled were immaculately clean and looked brand-spankin new. What's the flow rate on them?

I didn't pay anything for the crap so it's not like I wasted money on it.. what do you guys think?

Best,
Ghost

#2 ·
If memory serves the only thing about injectors you need to know is if there hi or low impedance and then the poundage, and I believe all the ones Ford uses are all the same impedance.

Now making only 235Hp @6100 for a 3.4 DOHC V8 and 10:1 compression I'm go to guess that at best they are the same poundage if not lower.

#3 ·
I thought they looked similar. I also have something like fourteen 24 lb/hr injectors I've been pocketing as I find them. I was curious about the SHO injectors cos they look NEW.

What about the SHO Maf, the thing looked massive-- I think 70mm. As far as the harness goes it looks like it's the same 4-wire one we have on our cars. I'd like to use it but want to make sure it's set up for 18 lb/hr injectors.

#4 ·
I'd guess the MAF is swappable too, for the gen1s and grouped with the SC by Ford with their electronics.

Though there are people that know better than me.

#6 ·
you know what I mean.

Anyways the SHO injectors are about the same dimensions as MN12 4.6L injectors, except instead of being yellow they're like.. a PEACH color.

So are the taurus injectors I got also 19lb/hr like ours?

If so, that MAF ought to work with em :)

#7 ·
No, the transfer function could be very different. MAFs are not set to any injector. Both MAF and injector values are set in the computer and are not directly related.

The speedo can be swapped in a 97 cluster so it is worth some money.

#8 ·
Right, the speedo was the main thing I went after the car for. First thing I pulled. I really regret not pulling the whole damned cluster off that 99 SHO I pulled the speedo out of a few weeks ago.

Anyhow though, I guess the MAF values will be different then. So there's no easy way that I can scavenge a 70mm MAF into the system. I suppose there's not any gain to be had on a motor that's only going to have a PI intake on NPI heads.

#10 ·
I test drove a 99 SHO once... very impressed with the car... nice options, leather, comfortable, etc.. but very disappointed with the performance... My LE would have blown it away.

The seats (if they are still there) are the same as SC seats I'm told, except they won't fold forward allowing access to the back seat

#11 ·
I'd totally pull the ones out of this SHO except they're TAN!!!!! (I have grey interior) and the driver's side butt-section is shredded like someone took a knife to it. Otherwise the upper half is in amazing shape and the passenger side is beautiful.

I can't get over that STUPID 1/3 size rear 'spoiler', though.

#12 ·
As far as Ive read from the SHo guys around the net when they try and equip there shos with the standard bosch style injector they have to make some modifications? So that tells me those injectors will not drop right in. Second you have no need for larger injectors until you start making some serious HP.

#15 ·
I see.

I don't suppose there's any gain to be had swapping a big maf onto an NPI motor with a PI intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.