TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are they, if any? I accidentally ordered a clutch kit for my car that was listed for the v8 but not the v6 which my car has.. Today, one day after the part came in.. the bearing fell apart and the clutch seized.. while I was driving around picking up tools I needed. I switched it out with the kit I ordered and it works great! Just had to use a few of the included shims to space out the clutch a bit. The one I took off was far enough gone that I can't really compare the two for reference.

Note: part used was a $60 kit off eBay, not motorcraft..not sure if that makes a difference...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Whether 4.6, 3.8, 5.0 all list different PN, the 4.6 compressor I know is different form the other two.

Looking at my manauls the 5.0 and 3.8 should be interchangeable, don't know why the different PN though

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
Well, the SC pulley is 8 rib and the 5.0HO is six rib; I know, I've got a compressor/pulley from a SC on Ruby Jean right now (hey, it works, blows cold, and I've not had to replace it since replacing the seized one about, oh, five years or so ago ... )

RwP

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a 97 3.8L. the only real difference I could see picture-wise was the clutch plate looks a little beefier. I did have to use a few of the included shims to space it out, but other than that no issues so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts