TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for those of you in the know about hoses and such.
I am finding myself needing to replace the hoses under my hood. ALL of them. The thing is that anytime you touch any of them you get this annoying black crap all over you. To me, that says dryrot. My 4.6 does not leak or blow oil of any sort as the entire engine is dry. The hoses are just looking kinda crappy.
So I am wanting to replace them. I am replacing them all because they pretty much all will do this sort of thing on sections of them and I would rather do them all now than 1 here and there as needed. Plus, I still cant get this idle thing under control and figure it wont hurt to replace the hoses since I suspect a vac. leak.

All of that to ask this: Can I get direct replacement hoses? As a kit? I know that Mr.Gasket makes a "hose set" that is a few sizes and lengths of hose. But I would prefer something that is molded to shape like they are now. Is that possible or do I ask too much?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I am doing the same thing you are, because of the same issue, the EVAP ones if I got within 2 inches of them it turned my entire hand black. There really isn't that much rubber vacuum lines, I still have to replace the one from the drivers vavle cover to the tube that goes to the zip tube, it is the last one that is really bad. Molded would be nice, but I found myself using shorter chunks of hose and 45 and 90 degree bends, mainly out of the upper plenum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been doing some more thinking *look out* about this and think that if I get the correct size hoses, I can take them and heat them with a heat blower and mold them based off of the OE hoses.

I have one of those little devices that is like a hair dryer on speed. we used to use them to defrost freezers and stuff when needing to work on them...
I may try that.. Cause I really like the idea of the Mr.Gasket hoses and them being blue. I think that would look pretty kool.

I will prolly get after this project in a week or so and I will let y'all know how it comes out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts