TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty obvious hissing sound, coming from back of engine. After brief start and a high idle, it drops out and dies. Im not sure which line it is, but im sure they are all old and could use replacing. Could I go to parts store and just tell them I need vacuum lines, or 3/8 line or what do I ask for, Im not sure if there is a specific parts number on it. Also, will i need to replace the plastic t fittings? Maybe someone could just give me a basic run down. The haynes manual doesnt say too much about it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
There are no part number for the the various lines. You'll just have to purchase some various size hose to replace them, 1/4, 5/16, 3/8 are a couple sizes that I can think of right now. The plastic fittings should be OK, but they are cheap so if they are questionable replace them. A vacuum leak on an SC will drive you crazy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Popped on a few new lines and finally realized that the PCV line had come off at the back, replaced that and all is cool now. Lines were cheap, one dollar a foot, not bad for a quick fix.

thanks

·
Registered
630 Posts
use goodyear fuel line .... works great when redoing boost hose's... i did it to mine and now no more hissing.. also check the intel plenum seal there a pain to seal sometimes what gasket maker are you useing??

·
Registered
377 Posts
this might sound wierd but i replaced my fpr vac line and my pcv line with a clear hard line from the local hardware store. That way I can see if my fuel pressure regulator goes bad and if it sucks oil through the pcv
Is that stuff oil and chemical resistant, if not it will melt, become gummy and collapse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts