·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I Like it! Im going to check and see if i can find some of those. Good job

The one that L shaped by the throttle body, it would be helpful if you had a zoomed out picture with a arrow lol. Visualy in my head i cant make out the location.

You forgot the Vac-Tee on the 94-95s, That was a mysterious leak that i just found not long ago after having my car for 2 years

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the nice words. I will see what I can do about adding a "bigger picture" referencing or pinpointing things, that would be helpful. Actually, if I could find a diagram, I could highlight in color where these things are under the hood...

I have no experience with the 94/95 Tee. If someone is willing to write an extra sentence or two (a paragraph?) I could add that in and give you credit! Just post it up here or PM me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks for the nice words. I will see what I can do about adding a "bigger picture" referencing or pinpointing things, that would be helpful. Actually, if I could find a diagram, I could highlight in color where these things are under the hood...

I have no experience with the 94/95 Tee. If someone is willing to write an extra sentence or two (a paragraph?) I could add that in and give you credit! Just post it up here or PM me.
You have mail;)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got your note about the 94/5 T, I have updated the article. I also found an underhood diagram so I'll try my GIMP skills and see what I can do about highlighting hose locations :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
9,358 Posts
Looks pretty good to me! :D

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Nice article Swanny..

I'm surprised how many more vacuum lines the 4.6L MN12 has compared to the 5.0L MN12..

With just a handful of us owning a 5.0L MN12...It looks like one of us might have to come up with a similiar article just for the 5.0L.. :D

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just found another on my 94 if you follow the plastic emissions line coming off of the vac-tee. It runs under the plenum/tb along the fuel line, then connects to a hose that connects to the intake manifold. That hose is hidden and will be tricky to get to since you have to pull the line coming onto the intake tube and then that hose is touching the fuel line.

Hopefuly i can get it off without busting the fuel line. I think the easiest way would be to disconnect the Vac-tee, then pull on plastic line to disconnect it from the hose part and then disconnect the hose from the intake manifold.

And for install - connect the hose to the plastic line, fish it under the plenum/tb, connect the hose and plastic line to manifold, then connect the vac-tee back up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
yeah, technically theirs two vacuum leaks back their... the main Tee on the passenger side, and that tube and elbow on the driver side. my elbow was sucked closed and ripped open, but the tee was fine.

never knew it was their either, thought i had an intake leak, which prompted my PI swap. then i found the issue. no regrets though, that aluminum intake is complete rubbish.

ill to take a picture of my intake on the garage floor and post it.

their we go.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can I use that pic in my article nail_one? So is that pic looking at the top of the intake from the rear?

So is the black part on the right of the picture the T? If so, I "get it" and can add that to my article... thx.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
have at it, and yes, its looking down at the top from the rear.

·
Registered
527 Posts
yeah, technically theirs two vacuum leaks back their... the main Tee on the passenger side, and that tube and elbow on the driver side. my elbow was sucked closed and ripped open, but the tee was fine.

never knew it was their either, thought i had an intake leak, which prompted my PI swap. then i found the issue. no regrets though, that aluminum intake is complete rubbish.

ill to take a picture of my intake on the garage floor and post it.

their we go.
thats one good pic, that helps alot thank you. Confirms its going to be a pain to get to with everything in my way lol. Do you know what size hose that is??

Can I use that pic in my article nail_one? So is that pic looking at the top of the intake from the rear?

So is the black part on the right of the picture the T? If so, I "get it" and can add that to my article... thx.
yep thats the T to the right. which would be on the left when looking from the front

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks nail_one, TBIRD9491, I've added a note to the bottom of my article for 94/95 owners. Now if anyone asks for help finding the hoses, just tell 'em where to go ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks nail_one, TBIRD9491, I've added a note to the bottom of my article for 94/95 owners. Now if anyone asks for help finding the hoses, just tell 'em where to go ;)
Just checked it out if i can figure out what size the hose is, il let you know if my method works. either than that il say your page is coming along pretty good i like it.

I like the sanding method with the headlights. i tried it on my 97 headlights that i have no use for, i only did 1000 grit (all i had) later i will try with both 1000 and 1500. We'll see what happens, I did 1000 grit, headlight compound, polish, wax. turned out pretty good besides the fine scratches. Im guesing thats why you do 1500.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
not a problem, also its NALL. i get the whole nail thing a lot :D probably should have just used all caps in my account name.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doh, I'll fix that, whoops.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Another excellent write up Swanny.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts