TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I've got a rough Idle. I want to replace my Vacuum lines. To my knowledge they've never been replaced and some of them look pretty bad.

My question is What do I buy as far as new line? Do I need a whole bunch of different sizes?

Also, I tried searching, but I couldn't fine anything. Search is fickle. You have to know just what to type in. So, sorry if I overlooked something.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to know in advance so that I could go buy it, and get it done. I've only got the one car. I'm just hoping to avoid having to pull off lines measure them put them back and then go to the store... etc. I guess If I have to do that I will, but I was just hoping someone would know.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind I found a thread that sufficiently answers my question.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
175 Posts
The PCV elbow on the driver side is 5/8", the hoses to the IAC are 3/4", pretty much all the rest of the little hoses are 7/32" I believe. The PCV connection at the intake is 3/8".

On the 5/8" and 3/4" don't buy heater hose, make sure it's something rated for handling petroleum products like fuel line. I had a scrap chunk of silicone hose I used. No need to go crazy with the high pressure fuel line though.

On the 7/32" just use vacuum hose. It is, after all, actually made for it. (unless you're SC or turbo'd..)
On the 3/8" again make sure it's vacuum or fuel hose, not heater (coolant) hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts